India at Olympics

Height has just as much correlation with how much calories you consume during growing age than just about eating meat.
You cannot compare athletes handpicked for their physical endowments in sport and extrapolate that to gen population. Affluent Indians in general are taller on average than East Asians, you can observe this whenever you travel anywhere. Else you can compare height of Badminton players too and draw that same conclusion where Sindhu towers over everyone of the Chinks.

View: https://twitter.com/arya_amsha/status/1546393988994777090?t=P2xYgK0hZKRkkDFb7ZLumw&s=19

Pretty tall even in the ancient world.

View: https://twitter.com/Duorope/status/1747323134183927951?t=58Ssg7CQi2NuPTwo-MrhBA&s=19

Compare the Indian soldiers to the Chinese ones here.

Ya'll @hit&run Nibba expect your expert opinion on this post.
% of Indians eat meat.
That population is more than 70 countries combined.
Why are those meat-eater Indians not winning the medal for us?
In any case, I bet 90% of the Indian contingent is non-vegetarian.
So this is just a fallacy of high-end.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is fully misleading than protein can only be get in numbers from non veg diet, FYI I was able to recover my protein levels from all time low, and that was extreme low literally to more than needed in a average person in just months, without any protein supplements or medicines. So even for many athletes who were vegetarian were able to perform better and totally dominate their fields.
Billa saheb aap ne bhala kitni meter ho ?
Aur kushti me kisko haraya
Waise bhi billi ko kam hi protein lagta hai , lekin aap kaise kha lete ho veg ?
Apko kuch dikkat hai saheb .
Ek billi nonveg khati hai.

It's not about masculine or feminine. Meat is imo the best natural protein source followed by Dairy. Gladiators weren't vegetarians by choice ! A lot of them were fcken POW who got a POW's diet which doesn't consist of a lot of meat, as vegetables and grains were cheap. Meat wasn't always this cheap ! Why are we against meat based diets so much ? (I am not targeting anyone and want to keep this convo as civil as possible)
Masculine or feminine plays into what is considered more optimal from an image pov and so calling for greater consumption of that which supposedly makes you more virile.
Your claim on meat is not true, especially considering what you also need to do to cultivate meat from a resource pov, nowhere near as efficient for what is only even debatably - if at all we were to indulge it- a mildly superior nutrient resource. And definitely not when you already have a lot of fertile land which can give you what you need.
Gladiators were a matter of pride for their owners, they won't feed them only gruel considering a lot was riding on their success and so it made sense to ensure they gave them the best possible chance of succeeding.
You're right on meat not being cheap when other alternatives are available, relative to its supposed superiority over plant based foods. There are other reasons to not be madly in favor of it.

Indians must start eating meat rigorously if they want to improve their vigor. This Multigenerational malnutrition has become inherited.

Apart from multiple famines, stupidity by brahmins and buddhists destroyed the whole physical parameters as well as martial mentality.
Not just ur brahmins and buddhists. I am seeing even pahadi rajputs and kashmiri brahmins demonizing meat diets ! upar se mkc self proclaimed BJP wingers ki insta posts and tweets that target meat eaters/non vegetarians🙏🏼 mods pls shift the message to an appropriate thread incase I'm OT.

It is just the lack of resources and failure of the system that out of desperation gets into cutting the corner. Like in Vinesh Phogat's case. I bet many others are doing it too.

The second part of the problem involves new technology in coaching, body mechanics, and physio, that can help us predict the outcome and R&D in performance-enhancing micronutrients and we do not know if Chinese, Americans and others have already cracked the code or put it this way, not getting caught.

Again technology is a secondary but important issue. First is becoming a sports-playing nation so that we have a large pool of candidates.

I am not saying there is no know-how available to Indians but since it is not working for us we need to literally employ the methods used in rocket science on how they make the system foolproof.

In a nutshell, someone has to take a call for an overhaul.

This is outdated nutritional advice based on intuitively thinking eating meat is more masculine than plant based foods. There are a couple of Netflix documentaries which debunk this even while they do propaganda for vegan food, core message and takeaway is still pertinent.
Gladiators in Rome themselves did not eat meat.
dont use the words which i didnt say bruh
i clearly said for a normal joe and a normal gym going guy veg diet has many options

non veg foods are having their own set of troubles but its for those who takes it for pleasure and dont do physical activities to consume it effectively

take a look at this meal plan which is fully veg and try to guess the protein source

1723184384998.png

% of Indians eat meat.
We're spending too much time debating veg vs non-veg diets. Elite athletes consume animal protein to meet their high protein needs due to its superior absorption, and our athletes are also following this approach.

Instead, we should discuss more on enhancing training methods, mental exercises to maintain calm under stress, and the early identification of promising talent. To do this effectively, we need highly skilled psychologists and coaches with eagle's eye, not those quota appointed frauds. Additionally, investing in better infrastructure is essential to support athlete development.

It is just the lack of resources and failure of the system that out of desperation gets into cutting the corner. Like in Vinesh Phogat's case. I bet many others are doing it too.

The second part of the problem involves new technology in coaching, body mechanics, and physio, that can help us predict the outcome and R&D in performance-enhancing micronutrients and we do not know if Chinese, Americans and others have already cracked the code or put it this way, not getting caught.

Again technology is a secondary but important issue. First is becoming a sports-playing nation so that we have a large pool of candidates.

I am not saying there is no know-how available to Indians but since it is not working for us we need to literally employ the methods used in rocket science on how they make the system foolproof.

In a nutshell, someone has to take a call for an overhaul.
exactly this who wants to go swimming,shooting,gymnastics and pursue it as a passion in an average crowd of people

i clearly said for a normal joe and a normal gym going guy veg diet has many options

non veg foods are having their own set of troubles but its for those who takes it for pleasure and dont do physical activities to consume it effectively

take a look at this meal plan which is fully veg and try to guess the protein source

View attachment 5834
Not saying you said it but this is often the unconscious bias at work which due to being repeated over decades has become somewhat institutionalized.
It's not that meat has only benefits if you keep eating it and are supposedly active, there are other drawbacks to it too. There are other factors at play too such as how well your gut can deal with it and if your ancestors have been eating it for gens which is why it will not agree the same way with everyone.

View attachment 5834

Can you share this workout for all the 6/7 days. Would like to include some of them in my routine.

% of Indians eat meat.
All my family eats meat. But, it's usually once a week only. That's the case with almost all meat eaters in India.

Meat eaters in India are barely meat eaters when compared to rest of the first/second world countries.

Kaisa good ?
China ne ek olyampic me humse total zyada medal laaye hain ,
Jitni humne 1900 se 2024 tak laaye hain
As brit india , and india .
If Indians cannot play sport for the sake of it than they don't deserve anything.

For an Indian life should not end at gormint job.

Last edited:
Indians must start eating meat rigorously if they want to improve their vigor. This Multigenerational malnutrition has become inherited.

Apart from multiple famines, stupidity by brahmins and buddhists destroyed the whole physical parameters as well as martial mentality.

Kisne bola bhai ?

Protein repairs your muscle tissues. It does not provide you with energy. Energy comes from carbohydrates.
If you eat only meat and nothing else,you'll die of starvation.

And meat should be consumed only in moderation as it contains very high levels of cholesterol.
This is especially important for Indians as we are prone to diabetes and heart problems.

We're spending too much time debating veg vs non-veg diets. Elite athletes consume animal protein to meet their high protein needs due to its superior absorption, and our athletes are also following this approach.

Instead, we should discuss more on enhancing training methods, mental exercises to maintain calm under stress, and the early identification of promising talent. To do this effectively, we need highly skilled psychologists and coaches with eagle's eye, not those quota appointed frauds. Additionally, investing in better infrastructure is essential to support athlete development.
The effort is to snub those who see such failures as an opportunity to turn every debate a caste-baiting pig fight.

According to these people when pandemically whole of India was malnourished we should not have won multiple golds in hockey or had no high rankings in many other sports.

The verdict on proteins is still not out. I can post multiple sources that say modern sports activities are being enhanced with non-animal diets but do not want to be accused of publishing confirmation bias.

I am not against any diet. I am on to the larger question of ever-advancing technology, sports infrastructure and sponsoring a very large pool of candidates.

Medal in shooting and archery do not require you to gallop whole sheep or goat in a day. Why are we not getting medals in those sports?

If Indians cannot play sport for the sake of it than they don't deserve anything.

For an Indian life shoukd not end at gormint job.
Sir with all due respect, I want say that
Most Indians have stability in their minds .
Not a bad thing , nah but sir what we can do is that an athelete will only get a sarkari job after a gold or atleast in bronze in Olympics .
This might keep all sides happe ,

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back