India at Olympics

He deserves all praise and respect, no matter even he's from Pakistan. Breaching 90m in the same event is praiseworthy with very little sponsorship. It was his day.

Neeraj in his post match interview made it clear he'll come back strong and not at all satisfied with his silver.

We need athletes like Neeraj, Nadeem, Sushil Kumar who irrespective of conditions and circumstances have a zeal to deliver. And not unworthy craps like Priyanka Goswami taking a ride on free solo honeychaand.

View: https://x.com/Sportskeeda/status/1821666792244441090?t=LgkiwSNev1pQvzs846KeWw&s=19

You won't find an open field in most of the city, such is the state.
I wonder how high density country Like Japan and Korea do it.
in one sentence, sports in schooling is a norm there

even low tier schools there have at least indoor basketball+badminton courts and lots of external playgrounds already available

leave aside these developed nations, just go to google maps and see Pyongyang, da kapital of 'best korea'

you'll be surprised to see the amount of football-like fields/playgrounds there, itne saare maidan mene india ke kisi top tier city be it delhi or mumbai me nahi dekhe - it gives an overview of who takes sports more seriously

A small city where I live has 5 Olympic-sized swimming pools with minimum pay entry. 9 cricket grounds, 5 have bowling nets. Two public hockey turfs (free if not in use) with a practise turfs, not to mention many schools have their own turfs open for the public if they book in advance for some fee. The list goes on and on.
Here, in urban areas it is almost impossible to find just an open field to play football/cricket and the few that are open are overcrowded with kids trying to play . Heck some of these fields are used by 2 or more schools for morning assembly since these schools don't even have their own field .
Only options are paid slots in private sports clubs far from home. When most kids exposure to sports is gully cricket or gully badminton it is very easy to see why we suck at sports and atheletics.

in one sentence, sports in schooling is a norm there

even low tier schools there have at least indoor basketball+badminton courts and lots of external playgrounds already available

leave aside these developed nations, just go to google maps and see Pyongyang, da kapital of 'best korea'

you'll be surprised to see the amount of football-like fields/playgrounds there, itne saare maidan mene india ke kisi top tier city be it delhi or mumbai me nahi dekhe - it gives an overview of who takes sports more seriously
supreme leader was a sport enthusiast (he particularly loved basketball iirc)

Here, in urban areas it is almost impossible to find just an open field to play football/cricket and the few that are open are overcrowded with kids trying to play . Heck some of these fields are used by 2 or more schools for morning assembly since these schools don't even have their own field .
Only options are paid slots in private sports clubs far from home. When most kids exposure to sports is gully cricket or gully badminton it is very easy to see why we suck at sports and atheletics.
there were 3 fields in my locality 5-8 years ago i was a kid thus used to run walk play cricket and badminton there
what happened one field is now a farm
two are govt schools which now prohibited the field being used by anyone other than the teachers lmao

There are old boy school teams everywhere in NZ. They never leave their school teams and continue to play even in their 50s. My son who is now in university plays summer hockey with his school team. The point is that access to infra is so easy and free that it is not a burden on anyone if he or she wants to play any sports of his choice and continue to do so as long as he wants.
In class 8, we got a new sports teacher. He saw me playing hockey and invited me to train with him at the University ground. I didn't go as it was too far away from my home and reaching there at 6 AM daily would be too hectic for me.

This was a small city with a population of 5 Lakh. This city has barely 2 grounds that are usable for professional sports.

In school, the sports period which we used to get twice a week for an hour would be taken by Math or Science teachers who used to lag on their teaching schedule.

It just boils my blood when I look back.

He deserves all praise and respect, no matter even he's from Pakistan. Breaching 90m in the same event is praiseworthy with very little sponsorship. It was his day.

Neeraj in his post match interview made it clear he'll come back strong and not at all satisfied with his silver.

We need athletes like Neeraj, Nadeem, Sushil Kumar who irrespective of conditions and circumstances have a zeal to deliver. And not unworthy craps like Priyanka Goswami taking a ride on free solo honeychaand.

View: https://x.com/Sportskeeda/status/1821666792244441090?t=LgkiwSNev1pQvzs846KeWw&s=19

Winning gold is not an easy task. No one knows it better than Indians. Sala tel nikal gya peechey see.

So good on the Pakistani.

Pakistanis are very good at learning from Indians and like a nosy neighbour full of jealousy they start working on achieving the same.

That is why I mentioned it in my last post to de-glorify or let me say hide your success.

We on the other hand start to decode it to the last crumb. Ambiguity is a great attribute but we start dancing on every detail which in general is nothing special given the world has achieve far bigger games than us.

In class 8, we got a new sports teacher. He saw me playing hockey and invited me to train with him at the University ground. I didn't go as it was too far away from my home and reaching there at 6 AM daily would be too hectic for me.

This was a small city with a population of 5 Lakh. This city has barely 2 grounds that are usable for professional sports.

In school, the sports period which we used to get twice a week for an hour would be taken by Math or Science teachers who used to lag on their teaching schedule.

One of my life goals is too earn enough money so that my son does not have to think twice about his future.
I will literally drag him to sports center.
We have to build what we want to achieve.

It was so cringe to see Indians attacking Mitch for apparently disrespecting the trophy.

It's precisely because our guys put the trophy on a pedestal that they freeze in knockouts.
If mental gymnastics was a olympic sport, we would win, Lol. Its just cultural differences, dont have to go into such micro analysis of smallest things.

Congrats, we have officially moved from the 69th position to 64th.

View attachment 5872

69th position was a bit awkward.
Worst than Ethiopia.

The curse is so mindboggling that one sport where we thought we would develop a habit of winning, that is wrestling, got dragged and lynched on streets. Thanks to kerosene Pappu and his pet Hooda from Haryana who both sabotaged it using Dehati losers; we thought are our heroes.

Worst than Ethiopia.

The curse is so mindboggling that one sport where we thought we would develop a habit of winning, that is wrestling, got dragged and lynched on streets. Thanks to kerosene Pappu and his pet Hooda from Haryana who both sabotaged it using Dehati losers; we thought are our heroes.
We need to clean the wrestling federation it has been heavily politicised and full of garbage.

Politics must be kept out of sports.

That's the major problem with indians we politicise every thing .

That is fine. Sports are not for everyone. Sometimes your body rejects it and you think the reasons are somewhere else. There are many dropouts I know while being a coach for hockey at two different schools in NZ.

In my case, my father was busy feeding the joint family. We just came out of abject poverty and were a family of casual labourers.

I was a very good batsman and wicketkeeper. Then played badminton up to state level in Ludhiana. Never had the money and played on borrowed equipment. During my finals, the referee objected to my fleet shoes. I had to play in an oversized shoes of my senior and still won.

Also played Badminton during university competitions and won silver in the north zone. My sister still has all my medals to show off to her in-laws. I gave her when moved to Australia.

I learned hockey as my son learnt it. I put him in hockey after getting inspired by Jhonyy Rodes. JR played hockey before moving to cricket. It helped him immensely and was called a goal-scoring machine. The hockey started when he was in class 5 under a very good coach. He also joined Taekwondo (practised for 5 years) under a Master who is NZ's Olympic referee. For two years he played Cricket but never liked it. In senior schools out of the blue, he said I would focus on science and would drop from competitive hockey but would only play social hockey games. Not to mention he is a very good swimmer.

We on the other hand start to decode it to the last crumb. Ambiguity is a great attribute but we start dancing on every detail which in general is nothing special given the world has achieve far bigger games than us.

apply this to every topic of discussion, it will be true.

at this point in time, this is the behaviour for Indian society at large, may be it will change in the future, but for now, this is it.

- information is given , it is bound to be interpreted out of context, within the limited world view of an individual.
- information is not given, standard assumption is nothing is happening.

noise aside, as far as sports and olympics are concerned, more facilities are opening up, more children are taking it up, sports economy will play it itself out, and there will be positive results.

This aggression is what you need. The revenge instincts. Pakistani ka record todne ke liye ab yeh banda kuch bhi kar jayega. He will hit 93+ in coming games. His body is fit to do that only the perfect angle and applied force need to be in good combination.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back