India at Olympics

View: https://x.com/TheKhelIndia/status/1848126063219765494
I hope in next olympics it doesn't end with 4th place finish again.

and this hopium saga continues...... :bplease: :bplease: :bplease:.
i don't think recurve is played in olympics.

some very funny things are happening in archery :smiley-crying::smiley-crying::smiley-crying:

indian women team won 3 rounds of medal matches but failed horribly at olympics.
1729594401387.png

and now behold india's final standing

1729594554891.png
EVERY TEAM HERE HAS WON A MEDAL THIS YEAR IN PARIS OLYMPICS EXCEPT 2nd PLACED INDIA!!!!!
:bplease::bplease::bplease::bplease::bplease:

PS - don't want to see her next time in olympics. each players should be given only couple of chances to win else bring in new ones.

Olympics feature recurve only.

and this hopium saga continues...... :bplease: :bplease: :bplease:.

some very funny things are happening in archery :smiley-crying::smiley-crying::smiley-crying:

indian women team won 3 rounds of medal matches but failed horribly at olympics.
View attachment 12976

and now behold india's final standing

View attachment 12977
EVERY TEAM HERE HAS WON A MEDAL THIS YEAR IN PARIS OLYMPICS EXCEPT 2nd PLACED INDIA!!!!!
:bplease::bplease::bplease::bplease::bplease:

PS - don't want to see her next time in olympics. each players should be given only couple of chances to win else bring in new ones.

All those gold medals (barring 1) were won in compound events. Jyoti, Parmeet and Aditi are compound archers.

Reactions: SKC
oh i thought it was vice versa.

any reason why?? that would been one sided for us. 😭 😭 😭
Have you noticed the kind of equipment they use in both events? The recurve bows are quite rudimentary and shoot farther (70 m) while the compund bows are more sophisticated and shoot at a distance of 50 m. One other reason could be their formats. Recurve games are divided into smaller rounds and it is possible to stage dramatic late comebacks even when you are on the backfoot (something the Koreans excel at) - which makes the matches more exciting for a neutral viewer. Compound, otoh, rewards consistency (and not comebacks) and is designed as such.

Things might change in future though. Compound is getting more and more popular across all the major archery nations and there are talks of including it at the future games.

Have you noticed the kind of equipment they use in both events? The recurve bows are quite rudimentary and shoot farther (70 m) while the compund bows are more sophisticated and shoot at a distance of 50 m. One other reason could be their formats. Recurve games are divided into smaller rounds and it is possible to stage dramatic late comebacks even when you are on the backfoot (something the Koreans excel at) - which makes the matches more exciting for a neutral viewer. Compound, otoh, rewards consistency (and not comebacks) and is designed as such.

Things might change in future though. Compound is getting more and more popular across all the major archery nations and there are talks of including it at the future games.
LA 28 again did'nt add that :(

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back