India at Olympics

No, my point was that internet trolls will behave like trolls only - had there been internet in the '70s they would have typed BS on chinks too.

👇

Majority of the Olympic disciplines will remain govt funded only because barring the team sports (football, volleyball etc) and some exceptions like tennis, professional boxing etc professional tours do not exist in the rest. In absence of govt support it will be insanely difficult for athletes to self-finance. Even the nations who are bagging medals are doing so because of their govt support only.

Lastly, age distribution of medallists from Tokyo 2020 and why I keep saying experience is important.
I think we both are well wishers. It's just that the point of contention being you dismiss the mental strength part as lack of experience and bhosadapilling.
There was no issue of choking in hockey and lakshys case but there certainly was in PV sindhu and men's doubles.

I think we both are well wishers. It's just that the point of contention being you dismiss the mental strength part as lack of experience and bhosadapilling.
There was no issue of choking in hockey and lakshys case but there certainly was in PV sindhu and men's doubles.
I did not dismiss it; just said that handling nerves will come with experience. And PV Sindhu is past her prime, she has won 2 Oly medals and a world title, us fans should have no issue if she decides to hang up her boots. SatChi were a letdown; hope Rankireddy will go for his surgery now since Olympics is done - he has been playing with an injured shoulder for over a year now.

Anyway, my last response on this thread.

In this study by psychologist, he mentions what causes choking phenomenon.
It starts with pressure>anxiety>fear>and now fear can lead to two things, either athlete become sensitive and overcome the main root cause and perform, that requires motivation.
OR
fear>self-doubt>decrease in performance, which happened in India case.
Now, pressure the main root cause, everybody here knows what causes it, there are myriad of reasons, I live it here.

Last edited:
Sindhu is one of India's most clutch sportspersons tbh. All the medals and competitions she has won were all down to her raising her game when it mattered despite not doing much else throught the year. It's the opposite of what Indians tend to do generally who look like world beaters when the pressure is not on but fail spectacularly when it is.
For sports like shooting and archery it is inexcusable to shoot 6 and 7 when the pressure is on as the skill required is the same in ordinary tourneys and Olympics but the ability to handle pressure is what differentiates champions from also rans. Manu bhaker also probably wouldn't have won if Russia were in the Olympics and she too choked in the 25m final imo.

Kya yaar, just when even I was beginning to like this guy.
I assume , he has no choice.rehna to wahi hai na bhai . If he doesn't turns out to be paki cricketers, it's good .
Thats another way to look at it .

Thread has been dead for more than a week,so posting this.
India's Paralympics results till nowView attachment 8726
I'll say something harsh.

Nobody with a brain gives a shit about Paralympics and rightly so.

I have nothing but respect for the individual athletes who overcome their handicaps and play sports but reality is, it's an event for handicaps.

It's similar to Cricket vs blind Cricket. Do you see any Cricket fan giving a shit about blind Cricket?

I'll say something harsh.

Nobody with a brain gives a shit about Paralympics and rightly so.

I have nothing but respect for the individual athletes who overcome their handicaps and play sports but reality is, it's an event for handicaps.

It's similar to Cricket vs blind Cricket. Do you see any Cricket fan giving a shit about blind Cricket?

I do not know whether they give a shit or not but major sporting nations fund their para athletes really really well - almost on par with their able bodied athletes (stipends, govt employment policies and rewards for winning medals remain the same). It is also why the same nations who do well at the Olympics tend to fare well at the Paralympics too.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back