Indian Economy

How much is this exactly?

1600T is nothing.
For comparison Reasi, Jammu is said to have 6Million Tonnes(G3). It's not a new information. This was declared in the same Jammu survey article one year back. This time minister and PIB are just regurgitating against a question asked in RS.

1600T is nothing.
For comparison Reasi, Jammu is said to have 6Million Tonnes(G3). It's not a new information. This was declared in the same Jammu survey article one year back. This time minister and PIB are just regurgitating against a question asked in RS.

They better auction the mines once Lithium processing infrastructure is ready in the country. They got to do it quick. Not a single gram of Lithium should be exported. All that Lithium should either power electric vehicles or used in other applications. Let us build our own Lithium industry.

1600T is nothing.

That's ore this I think is Extrctable pure lithium

1 .

2 .

3 .

4 .

5 .

6 .

7 .

8 .

9 .

10 .

11 .

12 .

Why does it take so long to reach stage 3?

Based off this article, It looks like we still need to create more Plutonium-239 and then Uranium-233 before we can reach stage 3.

let's say gormint decides to lower income tax and compensate the revenue deficit from market borrowings to sustain planned expenditure, what would the impact be on interest rate say home loans ? would they go lower or higher?
Definitely interest rates will increase.

Since gorment is borrowing from the market, banks and lenders will increase rates as the demand is higher and the guy taking a loan is a far higher risk than gorment.

Regarding inflation, I'm not sure what will happen.

Why does it take so long to reach stage 3?
The 3 stage program is stuck here
They have only loaded the fuel with not a peep about operationalisation since then. I have been hearing about the breeder reactor being 2 years from being operational for the last 15 years.
I'm no one to judge but a molten sodium coolant loop with the safety implications of a nuclear reactor seems to be the cause of delay here.

let's say gormint decides to lower income tax and compensate the revenue deficit from market borrowings to sustain planned expenditure, what would the impact be on interest rate say home loans ? would they go lower or higher?
I think the interest rate on home loans etc will go higher in that case.

To keep things in perspective -
Net Personal Income Tax collection in FY 2023-24 is at Rs. 10.44 lakh crore.

Net market borrowings of GoI through dated securities during 2024-25 are estimated at ₹11.63 lakh crore.

RBI data showed average bank borrowings on a fortnightly basis were at Rs 6.39 lakh in 2023

Theoretically speaking -

• With lower income tax rates. The tax paying population will divert the excess fund towards assets/commodities ie taking home loans or buying cars etc.
  • With higher availability of Government securities in the market. Banks will be less reliant on borrowings from RBI.
  • With more liquidity in the market combined with higher demand for commodities/ assets. There could be an increase in the rate of inflation.
  • Thus the Banks will be forced to increase the interest rates on loans to mitigate the higher demand.
I think the only solution is increasing the tax base & then lowering the tax rates gradually. Feel free to counter though.

Last edited:

Net market borrowings of GoI through dated securities during 2024-25 are estimated at ₹11.63 lakh crore.

RBI data showed average bank borrowings on a fortnightly basis were at Rs 6.39 lakh in 2023

Theoretically speaking -

• With lower income tax rates. The tax paying population will divert the excess fund towards assets/commodities ie taking home loans or buying cars etc.
  • With higher availability of Government securities in the market. Banks will be less reliant on borrowings from RBI.
  • With more liquidity in the market combined with higher demand for commodities/ assets. There could be an increase in the rate of inflation.
  • Thus the Banks will be forced to increase the interest rates on loans to mitigate the higher demand.
I think the only solution is increasing the tax base & then lowering the tax rates gradually. Feel free to counter though.
yes...increaing tax base nd lowering tax rates is good idea. beside this i think government should open different types of public bank account in different areas. i mean if any one intrested in one area, they can contribute in them. like defense, health, nature, farmer, poor, education etc areas.
for example i m a student. i care for defense nd poors in india. i dont feel spending money for them is waste. if government hv public bank account of these, i can gladly donate 500 rupee for defense nd 500 rupee for poor in one year. this is small amount. but if 1 crore people, who dont pay direct tax collect this money. that makes 500 crore or 60 million dollars. we can buy one tejas from this money. people should hv choice in which area they want to contribute.

P
yes...increaing tax base nd lowering tax rates is good idea. beside this i think government should open different types of public bank account in different areas. i mean if any one intrested in one area, they can contribute in them. like defense, health, nature, farmer, poor, education etc areas.
for example i m a student. i care for defense nd poors in india. i dont feel spending money for them is waste. if government hv public bank account of these, i can gladly donate 500 rupee for defense nd 500 rupee for poor in one year. this is small amount. but if 1 crore people, who dont pay direct tax collect this money. that makes 500 crore or 60 million dollars. we can buy one tejas from this money. people should hv choice in which area they want to contribute.

Modi tried to increase tax base by demonetization, giving everyone free banking accounts, implementing VAT nationwide. There’s only so much you can do. India has to bring everyone into the personal income tax base and it’s not an easy process.

Theoretically speaking -

on inflation.

ultimately all sensible govts are chasing the same thing, low inflation high GDP growth scenario. in our case at this point in time, low inflation is maintained by controlling food inflation and energy/fuel inflation.

- food inflation by over supply of food grains thru PDS
- fuel inflation by keeping the taxes on petrol/diesel high with little fluctuations.

so high inflation is not an option,
reduced tax collection is not an option,
reducing debt like germany did 10 years ago at expense of growth is not an option,
high debt is not an option,
low GDP growth is not an option.

all this while having enough fiscal space to absorb global shocks, which are frequent these days.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back