Indian Economy

Can somebody give us the correct India’s GDP figures with financial year ending in March 2024. The western media especially the British media continues to publish 2022 figure while discussing Indian economy in 2024.

Please do it….
$3.57 trillion

Last edited:
Total nominal GDP 295.xx Trillion INR / 83.xx (average INR rate through last one year).
= 3.55T$~
By this simple logic -

PakistanGDPEx. Rate
(1$)
Growth rate
2021348 B$160 PKR6.5%
2023338 B$270 PKR0%

If Nominal GDP in $ is simply dividing the GDP in local currency by the exchange rate. Why isn't Pakistan's GDP in 2023 atleast 60% of what it was in 2021 ? A genuine question to ask.

You can read about International Dollar which is used to calculate GDP for countries using currencies other than the US $.

Last edited:
By this simple logic -

PakistanGDPEx. Rate
(1$)
Growth rate
2021348 B$160 PKR6.5%
2023338 B$270 PKR0%

If Nominal GDP in $ is simply dividing the GDP in local currency by the exchange rate. Why isn't Pakistan's GDP in 2023 atleast 60% of what it was in 2021 ? A genuine question to ask.

The reason is "International Dollar" is used to calculate GDP for countries using currencies other than the US $.
Because Nominal GDP growth = Real GDP growth + Inflation + Exchange rate fluctuations + Pakistan's GDP is fake.

By this simple logic -

PakistanGDPEx. Rate
(1$)
Growth rate
2021348 B$160 PKR6.5%
2023338 B$270 PKR0%

You can read about International Dollar which is used to calculate GDP for countries using currencies other than the US $.
Their GDP in dollars did not decline 60% because their GDP in PKR has also skyrocketed.I don't have GDP figures but budget one is here. In fy22 their budget was 8.5T PKR , in fy23 it became 14T PKR, in fy24 it became 18.5T PKR.

Last edited:
Because Nominal GDP growth = Real GDP growth + Inflation + Exchange rate fluctuations + Pakistan's GDP is fake.
I am giving another example.

TurkeyGDPEx. Rate
(1$)
Growth rate
2021819 B$7.8 TRY11%
20231.1 T$18.6 TRY5.5%

Using the same logic Turkish economy should have shrunk in size by 61% against a cumulative growth rate of 16.55% yet data shows a different result.

I am citing these shitty countries because these are some of the only countries that has shown such a radical change in exchange rate in recent years, that I follow.

They data is from World Bank and whatever methodology is used for them is also being used for us.

Their GDP in dollars did not decline because their GDP in PKR has also skyrocketed.I don't have GDP figures but budget one is here. In fy22 their budget was 8.5T PKR , in fy24 it became 18T PKR.
That's why I shared the Growth rate chart. Without the Growth rate to account for how did the GDP skyrocket ?

Last edited:
I am giving another example.

TurkeyGDPEx. Rate
(1$)
Growth rate
2021819 B$7.8 TRY11%
20231.1 T$18.6 TRY5.5%

Using the same logic Turkish economy should have shrunk in size by 61% against a cumulative growth rate of 16.55% yet data shows a different result.

I am citing these shitty countries because these are some of the only countries that have shown such a radical change in exchange rate in recent years.

They data is from World Bank and what ever methodology is used for them is also being used for us.

That's why I shared the Growth rate chart. Without the Growth rate to account for how did the GDP skyrocket ?

Read about the International Dollar. Your doubles will be cleared I can assure you.
That's REAL GROWTH rate . Not NOMINAL.
(Nominal = Real + inflation+ currency movement)

Synopsis

The government-backed Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) now has about 630,000 sellers and service providers in 600 cities and delivers to 1,200 cities nationwide.​

Centre to invest Rs 18,000 crore to build agri-export clusters: Chouhan​

On the storage and warehousing front, he said the government was investing Rs 1.40 crore on modern post-harvest infrastructure and there were plans to integrate another 1,500 mandis with the electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NaM) programme.
He highlighted the ministry’s emphasis on development of the seed sector by bringing back 2,500 traditional varieties in the crop system existing in 200 districts in the next two years.
To attain self-sufficiency in pulses and oilseeds, the minister said the government was working on developing model pulses and oilseeds villages in the next five years and cover 12 million hectares of area under micro-irrigation.
Niti Aayog published a paper a few years ago, before the farmers' protest nautanki about the need of Indian agriculture to shift to growing more high value crops such as fruits and green vegetables.

Hopefully these agri-export clusters will promote these types of exports from India.

Infosys is always an shady batch. Remember H1B violation and even today dog shit entry level salary. Even the infamous IT Website fiasco.

But we need to work 70 hours. At least in China people worked 70 hours to build BYD, SAIC, Huawei, Alibaba, CRRC etc.

On the other hand we will be working for 70 hours as Coolie and these companies will bill higher and gobble profit.

1 .

2 .

3 .

4 .

5 .

6 .

7 .

8 .

9 .

10 .

11 .

12 .

That facility to manufacture chips that is coming in Assam, if I am not wrong is going to produce 49 nm nodes right? Can someone direct to the exact figure.

That facility to manufacture chips that is coming in Assam, if I am not wrong is going to produce 49 nm nodes right? Can someone direct to the exact figure.
The facility coming up in Assam as nothing to do with fab but it is testing and packaging facility. Once Lithographic machines have etched chips on wafers, those wafers need to be cut into slices and packed and tested to check whether they are working as intended. For example, this is a silicon wafer which has undergone etching process.

1722926774875.png

Now all those have to be cut into individual slices and packaged as chips. This is not something anyone can do. You need to be highly qualified to do testing and packaging of semiconductor chips. Let's take intel series chips for example.

Intel i3, Intel i5, Intel i7, Intel i9. The chips are powerful from ascending order. Intel i9 is the most powerful. On a silicon wafer they don't individually etch only one series of processors. All those processors have similar designs. If the machine etched a successful Intel i9 chip design on the wafer, it will be marketed as Intel i9 and will cost more in the market. If it is slightly less defective then it will be sold as Intel i7. During packaging and testing they will lock out the parts of the chip which are faulty and sold in the market as Intel i7. The same goes for Intel i5 and Intel i3. They are all slightly less defective chips. This way the fab can minimize losses and get more yield from a silicon wafer.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back