Indian Economy

There's already a 7 star hotel Grand Hyatt in the vicinity. Doesn't make sense for 2 mega projects to exist side by side.
Requirment of Hotels are more than you think Mumbai has 98 percent occupancy for star rated properties. So demand is higher than supply. And our Hotel Keys per caput is lowest, so will never be out of demand in next few decades. 1,000 Keys per 10 lakh in Mumbai the highest in India fo4 metropolitan city versus 10,000 per 10 lakh in Tokyo the highest for a major city in the world.

Requirment of Hotels are more than you think Mumbai has 98 percent occupancy for star rated properties. So demand is higher than supply. And our Hotel Keys per caput is lowest, so will never be out of demand in next few decades. 1,000 Keys per 10 lakh in Mumbai the highest in India fo4 metropolitan city versus 10,000 per 10 lakh in Tokyo the highest for a major city in the world.
Dada please re read what I wrote again. Where did I rake up issues with per capita room occupancy in star hotels or the fact that we need to be building more such star properties ?

My sole point of contention was when you've two massive 7 star properties in such close proximity to each other it's a problem for setting up of a 7 star hotel is no joke. The investments involved are massive.

So in a nutshell there will be 3 such 7 star properties in a few years time all cheek by jowl

Last edited by a moderator:
Dada please re read what I wrote again. Where did I rake up issues with per capita room occupancy in star hotels or the fact that we need to be building more such star properties ?

My sole point of contention was when you've two massive 7 star properties in such close proximity to each other it's a problem for setting up of a 7 star hotel is no joke. The investments involved are massive.

So in a nutshell there will be 3 such 7 star properties in a few years time all cheek by jowl
The BKC is large enough to support more star rated development of different types. Demand for retail and reads exceed far than current supply despite costly types of establishment in this locality and being in E Block of BKC tends for west and eastern bandra and khar localities and directly accessible. The only other property is Jio World Drive but that is much smaller compared to it and G Block Jio World Plaza is in different segment and tends for different audience. Nariman Point Marine drive section depsite bosting 4, 5 star development are doing fine.

Last edited:
The BKC is large enough to support more star rated development of different types. Demand for retail and reads exceed far than current supply despite costly types of establishment in this locality and being in E Block of BKC tends for west and eastern bandra and khar localities and directly accessible. The only other property is Jio World Drive but that is much smaller compared to it and G Block Jio World Plaza is in different segment and tends for different audience. Nariman Point Marine drive section depsite bosting 4, 5 star development are doing fine.
So people who stay in Grand Hyatt or Jio or the upcoming venture by L&T will all be having work exclusively in BKC , is it ? In that case Taj Colaba , The President Vivanta , Oberoi Nariman Point should've shut shop by now as Nariman Point , Ballard Estate , Fort Business District itself lost its premium position more than a decade ago.

Moreover the firm L&T is partnering with is itself a shady set up - DB group financed by Baramati cha Kaka which has a long chequered history .

Last edited by a moderator:
So people who stay in Grand Hyatt or Jio or the upcoming venture by L&T will all be having work exclusively in BKC , is it ? In that case Taj Colaba , The President Vivanta , Oberoi Nariman Point should've shut shop by now as Nariman Point , Ballard Estate , Fort Business District itself lost its premium position more than a decade ago.

Moreover the firm L&T is partnering with is itself a shady set up - DB group financed by Baramati cha Kaka which has a long chequered history .
DB Realty is the land Lord only in this case and has no input in finance or architecture planning legally of the development. CBD and Airport has impact on number of star properties in it's vicinity regardless of people staying in them related to that particular locality workings place or not.

1 .

2 .

3 .

4 .

5 .

6 .

7 .

8 .

9 .

10 .

11 .

12 .

Last edited:
1 . Saraswat Bank is now the largest Scheduled case Bank In India.

2 .

3 .

4 .

5 .

6 .

7 .

8 .

9 .

10 .

11 .

12 .

Usually, you do have multiple big hotels next to each other in places like Mumbai and Delhi.

Delhi Aerocity has all big multinational Hotel chains next to each other.

The 32K Crore GST figure is collective amount from year 2017 to 2022. Infosys is claiming the activities from Overseas Infy is not liable to GST in India.

It might be an attempt by Karnataka govt to fill their pocket which is under load of over 30K cr due to various freebee scheme launched.

But Infy also is not entirely clean company and has been under various controversies in Indian and US.​

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back