Indian Small Arms and Weapons

Do a comparison with the final production model 2024 for ASMI.

7798358_0:0:1280:960_1440x900_80_0_1_4cf0eb36e571db27eb7bea8b302728d7.jpg.webp
This looks good. I would only get rid of that flimsy airsoft sight and use a proper RDS.

Last edited:
No there were 2 separate tenders - one which had the Taurus T9. asmi got one lf the 2 it competed in afaik
Yes the T9 was awarded the contract while Asmii wasn't sighting the issue (hopefully solved by now and we should see our first Asmii soon enough)

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dz7Akx84iX0

Goofy ahh stock , just go for a magpul ctr from the sig spares .

It features the arbel system whose processing system i guess has been setup in the stock thus the goofy look

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQCAyZ5bH6s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pHSkfApoVA

I don't think this arbel shit is worth the hassle

1000086096.jpg
This is the best one - spray paint it green, slap Mepro MOR pro & 3x magnifier and a surefire torch + suppressor

What do y'all think should be the std barrel length to go for? @Noob @Baseplate @Ayan Barat - 14.5 or 11.5 with a complementary suppressor?

View attachment 9987
This is the best one - spray paint it green, slap Mepro MOR pro & 3x magnifier and a surefire torch + suppressor

What do y'all think should be the std barrel length to go for? @Noob @Baseplate @Ayan Barat - 14.5 or 11.5 with a complementary suppressor?
14.5 if you are just getting them regularly and 11.5 if they are coming from the carbine tender suppressors for SF and non suppressed for Infantry.

@BaseplateI noticed that it has a different buttstock & some other changes.
Well he has already answered about the Arbel system, I'm just adding to it.

You're talking about this stock
IMG_20240920_165929.jpg
It has the power supply for the Arbel system. As it's added below the receiver extension tube, it shouldn't change the ergonomics of the gun while shouldering. Would definitely feel bit rear heavy though.

The working bits of Arbel is integrated on the right side of the receiver.
IMG_20240920_170049.jpg
Arbel is really quite ingenious in the way it works.

Typically in any aim assisting smart sights like SMASH or TrackingPoint the scope needs an "active interaction" with the target to get all the data it needs and then it uses algorithms to predict the optimum point to aim. In most cases it happens via an onboard LRF and manually tracking the target. But in case of Arbel everything happens in a passive mode and the system has absolutely no idea what's your target is; it's only interaction is with the gun itself. It works on the age old hit probability problem of small arms where the first shot has a high probability of hitting the target as opposed to subsequent ones because then recoil from the previous shots would be messing with your aim. Just before the first shot is fired it estimates the point of aim by recording all six degrees of freedom using an onboard MEMS based INS. Next time you press the trigger and nothing happenes as the gun's not on the previous vector. So you slightly move the gun while pressing the trigger and as soon as the vector matches the Arbel releases the hammer. This thing loses on extreme precision but as it lacks a LRF you won't be alerting your targets. Also it'd be bit faster.

But given it's high cost it makes no sense for an army that has yet to standardize even an ACOG type optics for its troops.
With 11.5" you'd be limited to only CQB and also given the loud muzzle blast a suppressor would be compulsory so it makes sense only for SpecOps or Naval personnels. A 14.5" is more of a general purpose role suited for the whole infantry.

So 14.5"

Well he has already answered about the Arbel system, I'm just adding to it.

You're talking about this stock
View attachment 9993
It has the power supply for the Arbel system. As it's added below the receiver extension tube, it shouldn't change the ergonomics of the gun while shouldering. Would definitely feel bit rear heavy though.

The working bits of Arbel is integrated on the right side of the receiver.
View attachment 9994
Arbel is really quite ingenious in the way it works.

Typically in any aim assisting smart sights like SMASH or TrackingPoint the scope needs an "active interaction" with the target to get all the data it needs and then it uses algorithms to predict the optimum point to aim. In most cases it happens via an onboard LRF and manually tracking the target. But in case of Arbel everything happens in a passive mode and the system has absolutely no idea what's your target is; it's only interaction is with the gun itself. It works on the age old hit probability problem of small arms where the first shot has a high probability of hitting the target as opposed to subsequent ones because then recoil from the previous shots would be messing with your aim. Just before the first shot is fired it estimates the point of aim by recording all six degrees of freedom using an onboard MEMS based INS. Next time you press the trigger and nothing happenes as the gun's not on the previous vector. So you slightly move the gun while pressing the trigger and as soon as the vector matches the Arbel releases the hammer. This thing loses on extreme precision but as it lacks a LRF you won't be alerting your targets. Also it'd be bit faster.

But given it's high cost it makes no sense for an army that has yet to standardize even an ACOG type optics for its troops.

With 11.5" you'd be limited to only CQB and also given the loud muzzle blast a suppressor would be compulsory so it makes sense only for SpecOps or Naval personnels. A 14.5" is more of a general purpose role suited for the whole infantry.

So 14.5"
I was asking for SF only but guess para isnt considered as specops anymore😭

Would you be biased against DJI just because it's Chinese despite being the best civilian drone firm in the world! Holosun's US arm is HQ'd outta Sunrise, Florida with all or most of their products destined for the US markets are made/assembled locally

In regards to Odisha police's order, a 9mm round isn't something one would use for anti-naxal ops which indicates they just blew some money to a middleman while these Scorpions and Trijicons will be gathering dust. If the need is real for a 9mm, they're better off with the ASMI while I'm unsure if any Indian company makes red dots since Tonbo's catalogue doesn't seem to have one
Again as i said holoson is great optics fir its price but not comparable to aimpoint thease big company like aimpoint have proven reliablelty of decades
Holoson is also good for its price both Russian and ukrainean are using it
But its nv capability other setting and how long will it survive alot of things matter

Conclusion
Holoson is good for its price
Aimpoint is overprized but it also have its proven record and best quality

Would you be biased against DJI just because it's Chinese despite being the best civilian drone firm in the world! Holosun's US arm is HQ'd outta Sunrise, Florida with all or most of their products destined for the US markets are made/assembled locally

In regards to Odisha police's order, a 9mm round isn't something one would use for anti-naxal ops which indicates they just blew some money to a middleman while these Scorpions and Trijicons will be gathering dust. If the need is real for a 9mm, they're better off with the ASMI while I'm unsure if any Indian company makes red dots since Tonbo's catalogue doesn't seem to have one
If I am not wrong a private company is also working on holographic sight with help of irde alpha defence and mod did video on it
And tonbo should really explore the concept of thermal reflex sight like holosun thermal rds which works in daytime and provide decent nv capability its good concept by holosun but its implementation is flawed few YouTubeer doesn't recommended it but I think this concept is good

Those 9mm smg will be used for providing security to VIPs or during CT ops , its the same for all police forces .
In UP police Mp5 are only seen with bodyguards or with STF/ATS

Again as i said holoson is great optics fir its price but not comparable to aimpoint thease big company like aimpoint have proven reliablelty of decades
Holoson is also good for its price both Russian and ukrainean are using it
But its nv capability other setting and how long will it survive alot of things matter

Conclusion
Holoson is good for its price
Aimpoint is overprized but it also have its proven record and best quality
Don't go by all these 99% light transmission, special lens coating, 37 brightness modes, aloe extract, German lenses with pure Aryan blood, vitamin E anti-ageing serum, titanium body...no regular grunt would be able to differentiate between the best and a good scope. These marketing gimmicks are either for mall ninjas who know nothing or serious PSR shooters who can guess lens transmission just by looking through it.

Any decent scope (even Chinese OEM ones) would easily surpass both the shooting skills of a regular soldier and the service life of the gun it would be mounted on.

Don't go by all these 99% light transmission, special lens coating, 37 brightness modes, aloe extract, German lenses with pure Aryan blood, vitamin E anti-ageing serum, titanium body...no regular grunt would be able to differentiate between the best and a good scope. These marketing gimmicks are either for mall ninjas who know nothing or serious PSR shooters who can guess lens transmission just by looking through it.

Any decent scope (even Chinese OEM ones) would easily surpass both the shooting skills of a regular soldier and the service life of the gun it would be mounted on.
I know even older shitty sight improves shooting skills alot better in comparison to iron sights

By this and post i forwarded from reddit on sig4xt pro proves that thease optics under budget also works great for even military use

As you said

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back