Indian Small Arms and Weapons

Because if not then they'd be importing them which justifies their high cost.
They infact did used to import the tubes I am not aware about the current situation cause I get all info from public forum and with no expos there is no update.

But then again, where's the IP? There should be atleast a provisional patent for whatever design they're using.

Vivek has said it before that they own IPs for each and every gun in their catalogue.

View attachment 10226

Ho to "X-95 is more compact so that's why they chose them over Ars cause they can't handel shipborn ops with AR where X-95 does the best small and compact" Audiance where you at?
The ugliest part of this yahoodi is the fugly large butt.

If tonbo really sold thier quads for 40k then it explains alot why we haven't seen it with Marcos its over expensive there is no way its legitimate cost is that much
Piecemeal orders = higher price, bulk orders = lesser price. Something gernails don't and will never ever get in their lifetime

“Aditya, I’m putting this out one more time (may not be the latter time) for guys in your forum. Any future discussions can always refer this.

1. SSLMT is a name only. LMT and us had ideas of doing a JV and created this entity. Thankfully for us, the JV did not materialize since we realized that the net gain was minimal owing to ITAR related compulsions. Nobody would undertake a tech transfer without a contract and we’d keep our hopes high with nothing to show.
2. LMT never gave us a design. If u know how US firms work, even asking a query as innocent as “what’s the raw material on your receiver” is greeted with “you’re not ITAR cleared”. We finally had to cancel the JV and informed them. They too were happy I guess since an Estonia contract was taking up too much of their time. In my view, a licensing contract with minimal tech transfer is all that foreign firms will be willing to give. That was not palatable to us. Hence we set up a team to do things our way
3. Check on the shareholding pattern of SSLMT and it’s available on the MCI portal. If you find any foreign co there, I’ll put out a formal apology for calling ourselves an indigenous firm.
4. Why aren’t we changing the LMT in our firm name ? I’m waiting for that desperately. But we’re on multiple RFP’s and changing names midway requires us to give all kinds of representations. We have already sought a change of name approval from MHA (that too is needed). So, it’ll happen
5. Do we have LMT designers working for us ? - biggest BS point of all time. If so, why have we taken on projects where LMT or their designers have no exposure eg: the .338 and 7.62x51 bolt action snipers. Also, why would we develop the P72, a 7.62x39 caliber rifle. LMT or their engineers would die before working on that. Logic just doesn’t hold up.

“Last but not the least - some guys have asked us on IP that we have. Answer, we have already filed for design registrations on several of our weapons and upgrades as well. Now, does one take a patent on a weapon. NO - weapons have rarely changed over the years. A gas operated system and/or bolt actions are common. Patents are filed for subtle things on a weapon - how a folding buttstock is secured or how a suppressor’s baffles are arranged.”

Vivek Krishnan, CEO of SSSD asked me to share these clarifications.

Answer, we have already filed for design registration on several of our weapons and upgrades as well. Now, does one take a patent on a weapon. NO - weapons have rarely changed over the years. A gas operated system and/or bolt actions are common. Patents are filed for subtle things on a weapon - how a folding buttstock is secured or how a suppressor’s baffles are arranged
Thats enough BS for me to last the whole day
I'll chill now

“So let me give u the info many of the forum members may want to refer
1. P72 - design is the same as the AK though we’ve added a non reciprocating charging handle on the left, a free floating barrel, easier dust cover operation for maintenance. The receiver is milled but we’ve found a way to go into mass production by holding tighter tolerances. The bolt carrier is lighter. The barrel is a 16 inch barrel designed and made by us. Yes, we make the barrels as well (I’m confirming this). The buttstock has variants, all folding - both M4 style and a Magpul Zhukov style. We aren’t making the mags for now (why would I do so without larger orders) Suppressor compliant as well.

2. M72 - design is a short stroke piston on 5.56x45 mm. We had a DI variant as well but this is what we want to push. The AR15 footprint is obvious. Barrel is free floating and made by us (again confirming). We have 14.5 and 10.5 inch options. All weapons are designed to be SF use compliant with suppressor made available. Buttstock is M4 style. This cannot fold.

3. Snipers: bolt action, 7.62x51 is a 2 lug bolt while the .338 is a 3 lug bolt. Free floating barrel (designed and made by us. Confirming it). All suppressor compliant and we have designed and made the suppressors as well. We have a 24 inch barrel on the 7.62x51 and have multiple lengths on the .338 (experimenting based on missions)

4. G72: 9x19 mm SMG. Now this is a roller delayed blowback system. Nothing fancy. Very similar to most SMG’s in the market. Folding buttstock, free floating barrel (made by us), weight around 2.9 -3 kg. Suppressor compliant and we make it as well. Magazine is a 3rd party polymer magazine. Lower receiver and upper receiver is Aerospace Aluminium (we haven’t used polymer as many SMG’s in the market do). Ambidextrous controls

5. Pistol: we’ll release a 9x19 mm pistol shortly. On this, I’ll say it’s a Glock variant. I hope that’s fine since the Glock went off patent quite many years ago. We’ll also come up with one with a metal frame. Shall be heavier than the polymer frame version but that’s fine by us.

6. 7.62x51 DMR: will be a short stroke piston variant. Semi auto with a precision barrel. Again, the AR10 footprint will be obvious but we’ll have a crisp trigger”

On their existing and future programs.

1. P72 - design is the same as the AK though we’ve added a non reciprocating charging handle on the left, a free floating barrel, easier dust cover operation for maintenance. The receiver is milled but we’ve found a way to go into mass production by holding tighter tolerances. The bolt carrier is lighter. The barrel is a 16 inch barrel designed and made by us. Yes, we make the barrels as well (I’m confirming this). The buttstock has variants, all folding - both M4 style and a Magpul Zhukov style. We aren’t making the mags for now (why would I do so without larger orders) Suppressor compliant as well.

2. M72 - design is a short stroke piston on 5.56x45 mm. We had a DI variant as well but this is what we want to push. The AR15 footprint is obvious. Barrel is free floating and made by us (again confirming). We have 14.5 and 10.5 inch options. All weapons are designed to be SF use compliant with suppressor made available. Buttstock is M4 style. This cannot fold.

3. Snipers: bolt action, 7.62x51 is a 2 lug bolt while the .338 is a 3 lug bolt. Free floating barrel (designed and made by us. Confirming it). All suppressor compliant and we have designed and made the suppressors as well. We have a 24 inch barrel on the 7.62x51 and have multiple lengths on the .338 (experimenting based on missions)

4. G72: 9x19 mm SMG. Now this is a roller delayed blowback system. Nothing fancy. Very similar to most SMG’s in the market. Folding buttstock, free floating barrel (made by us), weight around 2.9 -3 kg. Suppressor compliant and we make it as well. Magazine is a 3rd party polymer magazine. Lower receiver and upper receiver is Aerospace Aluminium (we haven’t used polymer as many SMG’s in the market do). Ambidextrous controls

5. Pistol: we’ll release a 9x19 mm pistol shortly. On this, I’ll say it’s a Glock variant. I hope that’s fine since the Glock went off patent quite many years ago. We’ll also come up with one with a metal frame. Shall be heavier than the polymer frame version but that’s fine by us.

6. 7.62x51 DMR: will be a short stroke piston variant. Semi auto with a precision barrel. Again, the AR10 footprint will be obvious but we’ll have a crisp trigger”

Thanks. Can you ask him to join forum?

Where is @johny_baba when you need him the most!? I'd loved having popcorn to watch him rip through each and every single word written here.

Like how the only reason their "nothing fancy" SMG is roller delayed (and by no means very similar to most SMGs in the market because other than H&K just one or two designs use them) is because as Johny Baba and I had earlier guessed, they are using Grand Power's Stribog; a roller delayed SMG.

Or the fact that it's physically impossible to make a free-float barrel in a gas operated firearms as there would always be a gas block and gas tube attached to the barrel. The maximum you can do is a free float handguard, that doesn't contact the barrel.

Guys stop hounding a Manufacturer. I am glad atleast somebody is putting its own money on making these things. I give a damn for first iteration that too without orders that they are either using existing design or making their own. What I am really interested is that their weapons should work flawlessly with precision satisfying Indian military needs.

Have you ever seen first iteration of products - case in point mobile OSes? They were made by infringing on each other patents. Even google executive in a lecture admitted that they have fallen back in AI race - extolled to cut copy paste to forge ahead. Lawsuits they will take care of. Many of you drool over ripped off AK design manufactured in in US. Ever opened Amazon site for utilities? See a top selling product from a company? Below an 95% exact copy of product would be selling at less than half price by amazon brand solimo or likes of that.

And thats how competition is beaten.

Last edited:
Where is @johny_baba when you need him the most!? I'd loved having popcorn to watch him rip through each and every single word written here.

Like how the only reason their "nothing fancy" SMG is roller delayed (and by no means very similar to most SMGs in the market because other than H&K just one or two designs use them) is because as Johny Baba and I had earlier guessed, they are using Grand Power's Stribog; a roller delayed SMG.

Or the fact that it's physically impossible to make a free-float barrel in a gas operated firearms as there would always be a gas block and gas tube attached to the barrel. The maximum you can do is a free float handguard, that doesn't contact the barrel.
“Well he is right. We talk about free floating barrels in the context of sniper rifles where absolutely no contact is there between the barrel and any other part of the weapon. The right language is free floating hand guard. I’m so used to talking sniper language that it gets into the description of gas operated systems as well. I stand corrected.”

If you have any counters, do not target it at me, I’m just the messenger.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back