LCA TEJAS MK-I & MK-IA: News and Discussion

Actually the scenario is changing very fast .
Our two main weapon suppliers are in war (Russia , israel).
If china attacks us then , no one is there to save us .

When tejas was in its initial days , usa companies tried to stop it to fly , by writing letters
Now the same usa companies are halting enginee deliveries .

They will be forced to restart Kaveri engine development with #PhoolSapportSaar :truestory:

When J-20s lob bombs on Delhi just to flex 💀

J
Yes the fault is HAL's for selecting the GE engine but then again the white masta( US ) keeps this door open so that the GoI ofc goes for the path of least resistance ToT bullshit route.
UK is a US pet chihuahua so if the US is fucking with us the UK will too, same with Germany.

France is a good choice, if we are willing to pay through the nose but then US will come there too to arm-twist the guys into denying or delaying us the jet engine tech.

Russians are out of the picture for a while.

Only option is to roll our own but Govt doesn't take it seriously and the IAF gernails are probably fantasizing about Gripen and F16

IAF Jurnails rejected Kaveri with Snecma core for LCA and actively took part in the selection of GE.

J

IAF Jurnails rejected Kaveri with Snecma core for LCA and actively took part in the selection of GE.
I don't know where I read this but Snecma demanded a lot of money and also royalties and GoI even thought that money if invested would itself be alone for full desi engine. When it comes to squeezing money no one can beat french, we were asked to pay not only the development fees but also the royalties with each engine manufactured and practically we don't get anything. We still have to do Know-Why of Hot section. All in all, its the same whether importing F414 hot section or Snecma Hot section, only here plus is French are reliable.

I hope now that Uncle Sam never gives any jet engines to us.
So that finally GoI opens it's pockets and Kaveri can be resurrected.
mate only thi g that will happen is iaf will push lca and kaveri into limbo.. and will go in full sapport to french/ruskie/isnglistani imporrt mode.

mate only thi g that will happen is iaf will push lca and kaveri into limbo.. and will go in full sapport to french/ruskie/isnglistani imporrt mode.
How can IAF push LCA into limbo? 83 were ordered, are being built and will be delivered. Is IAF going to freeze their use when there is a severe shortage of fighters in IAF?

Kaveri is different. It is a project where it is very difficult to predict when it will be completed or if it will ever produce a viable engine. A 1980's technology engine appearing in the 2030's may work perfectly well but not be a viable choice to use in aircraft to be produced in the 2030's.

How can IAF push LCA into limbo? 83 were ordered, are being built and will be delivered. Is IAF going to freeze their use when there is a severe shortage of fighters in IAF?

Kaveri is different. It is a project where it is very difficult to predict when it will be completed or if it will ever produce a viable engine. A 1980's technology engine appearing in the 2030's may work perfectly well but not be a viable choice to use in aircraft to be produced in the 2030's.
You know what u try to diss kaveri everytime calling 1980s technology who told u it's 1980s tech.
Post 2010 many new technologies where developed which are now integrated in new dry kaveri. And afterburner section is coming from brahmos aerospace..
It won't be as good as error 404 but it would at par with thrust in regards. It won't have 6000hrs life but it will be much better for us.
Other than life it wouldn't lack anywhere when compared to f404.
And post 2030 we be either manufacturing f414 and safran jv will be going on this two things will brings us at very good position.

You know what u try to diss kaveri everytime calling 1980s technology who told u it's 1980s tech.
Post 2010 many new technologies where developed which are now integrated in new dry kaveri. And afterburner section is coming from brahmos aerospace..
It won't be as good as error 404 but it would at par with thrust in regards. It won't have 6000hrs life but it will be much better for us.
Other than life it wouldn't lack anywhere when compared to f404.
And post 2030 we be either manufacturing f414 and safran jv will be going on this two things will brings us at very good position.
I don't dismiss Kaveri. I suggest that GOI should invest to get it finished. I suggest that the project should be managed in a competent manner. I suggest that incompetents involved should be replaced with competents. I suggest taking the steps needed to get Kaveri to the point where it can be used in a fighter. That was and remains the aim, as far as I know.

I definitely do not know exactly how much modern tech is incorporated in Kaveri. Has it got single crystal fan blade or blisk technology etc? Sure, all it needs to do for Mk1A is to produce sufficient thrust reliably at an acceptable rate of fuel consumption for an acceptable number of hours. That is good enough for India's immediate needs, isn't it? GOI has failed to invest enough to get it to that point yet. Perhaps GTRE has not been good at managing the development either.

Regarding F414, TOT is limited to manufacturing TOT, isn't it?

I do not think that any OEM will be passing on enough technology in a jv for India to design, develop and manufacture its own engines. Why should they? India cannot make an engine for AMCA. It is in a position where it has to accept whatever the foreign OEM's are prepared to offer.

I think that India is kidding itself if it thinks it will magically be able to develop its own engines through ToT. If it wants to be able to develop its own engines I think that GOI belatedly needs to start investing billions of dollars over perhaps a decade or two to develop the technologies required.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back