Chit Chat

Nope Shiva/Rudra/Pasupathi is absolutely native.
Was worshipper in IVC as well as proto Dravidian cultures.
I know that Shiva is the oldest god figure here, I think some figurine/seal/painting of Shiva was found with proto-IVC carbon dating! That's why trashed that article and don't even recall which site published it.

He might be referring to
Shiva
. I read an article a long time ago (remember it was a leftie portal, can't recall which one) where it showed how some Greek and Iranian gods were taken into Hinduism and Shiva is the biggest name.

No. Shiva = Rudra. Namechange from the vedic pantheon. We actually have the oldest evidence of Shiva as in pashupatinath, from archaeology in all hindu pantheon.

Furthermore, there is no shiva/rudra analog in Iranic or Greek pantheon.

He might be referring to
Shiva
. I read an article a long time ago (remember it was a leftie portal, can't recall which one) where it showed how some Greek and Iranian gods were taken into Hinduism and Shiva is the biggest name.
Nope not Shiva.
no. There wasn't. There very rarely is exchnge of deities in non-abrahamic religions, because the deities usually represent natual forces and natural concepts. Everyone has a war god, a king of gods, a god of the sea etc etc.

There never has been evidence of religious concepts being influenced between civilization X and Y in non-abrahamic religions. At best, they've imported THEIR deities into the fold ( like instead of using kartikeya, the indo-greeks used Nike) but there is little to no evidence of said exchange.
It's fine you are so adamant on your belief. We are not talking about Abrahamic faiths. These are pre-Abrahamic civilizations.​

Nope not Shiva.

It's fine you are so adamant on your belief. We are not talking about Abrahamic faiths. These are pre-Abrahamic civilizations.​
i am not the one propagating beliefs. I am simply stating facts - there is no recorded instance of exchange of deities between greeks and indians. this is amply clear in numismatic evidence, something that i can challenge any professional in, given my experience in said field.

Cyclone Dana to hit Odisha, Bengal in 48 hours, schools shut, evacuations on
Cyclone Dana Live Tracker: 800 Cyclone Shelters Set Up, 20 ODRAF Teams Deployed In Odisha
Cyclone Dana:West Bengal closes schools colleges in nine districts

It has begun raining in howrah already. Nonstop rain since an hour.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back