CI/CT Operations

Kill ratios dont help, the US learnt that the hard way. Only way to end insurgency is to plan long term, cut of infil routes and pacify population to prevent support.
Kill ratio is for our own satisfaction, certainly losing less soldiers will have multiple rewarding outcome.
Psychological Impact on both the enemy and our own, for the enemy it will lower the morale while it will raise ours.
I guess it can even be considered more economical in a way since providing for the kin of the martyrs is a costly affair as well.
The best thing will be us retaining our human resource which will be much more important in the future.

Not even one General stood for modernisation when we spend lacs on golf carts,yoga day and smart phones.

Not one Major Daredevil came out and took a stand for his dying brothers lacking equipment because his pension might get affected or his regts retired officers will call and grill him.

Not one media personality covered the lack of modern kit.

There are brave people who fight with a gun..there are bravest of the brave who fight without a gun.

A quote of Maj Jacob "hunt something that can hunt you back"

So raise your voice against the ones more powerful than you!

Secondly, i am not in touch with Army as much but i was talking to my relatives who live in these areas.

They said at night they hear noises of men walking in 10-20s like 90s again.

They say their movements are bigger.

We are up for something.

I think in Doda also the number may be way bigger.
And our army is nowhere the near the seriousness and initiative it had in the 90s.

God bless the men on the ground

Secondly, i am not in touch with Army as much but i was talking to my relatives who live in these areas.

We are up for something.

Hope your relatives are safe.

These pigs were absolutely barbaric to civilians back then,

There were cases of terrorist hiding in natural caves and creeks of the valley. Is there a distinct possibility to keep a Check on all of them?
The very first thing will be to ID all of those spots and than possibly motion sensors in those caves?

We are up for something.

I've said this before, the number is high in Chenab Valley. Police slacked, Army slacked there. OGW toh hain hi but the action these fuckers are gonna take won't require much OGW. Logistics, Sustenance is well thought out, minimal contact with civilians. They are trying to make the same old areas hot again. I can only hope those 8 OGW caught in Kathua Dist give proper info to the concerned authority. On a side note - Dist SP Kathua, Reasi, Udhampur used to be prized postings in JKP, people used to pay the DG to get posted here and earn crores (Non J&K IPS ofsars especially). Aaj ke time par inki pant gili ho jaati hai inn jagahon ka naam sunkar.

There are so many who do not want to be posted in Kashmir and North East, jacks lagatey rehte hai. 80% time postings and transfer arrange karney mein nikal jata hai. In other countries this does not happen they are professional.

is there a way to check this (about other countries)?

There were cases of terrorist hiding in natural caves and creeks of the valley. Is there a distinct possibility to keep a Check on all of them?
The very first thing will be to ID all of those spots and than possibly motion sensors in those caves?

and walk into an ambush in middle of the jungle, when the equipment requires service or battery change.

in naxal areas, central and state police use listening devices in the jungles. a few years ago there was a news report that naxals started identifying these devices and started supplying bad intel. these news reports are blink and miss types, will post it if and when i come across it again. no info on whether forces continued or dropped this method.

this is to demonstrate that there is no such thing as perfect plan, there will be risks and tradeoffs.

Last edited:
one open point since kargil review committee is ISR, various attempts have been made since with satellites, MALE drones. efforts are still on going. the country has to reach a stage to be able to deploy multiple options for a permanent eye in the sky which is able to send video feed when necessary, preferably HALE platform which can stay up for days and weeks.

even if EO/IR sensors cannot penetrate dense foliage, this should not be used against building and deploying such a platform itself. once such a platform is available, at some point tech might mature.

terrorists were caught using thermal cloaks before . u cover urself with one , lie low and no drone will pick u up.
Any photos of their cloak caught after the kill?
I don't think they ever caught one using it.

Any photos of their cloak caught after the kill?
I don't think they ever caught one using it.

i dont think so , but bsf put out a video of it long time back .

if a heron or tapas or any drone come flying , u can even use an umbrella or blanket to shield ur body heat , only problem is u cant move .

no updates on doda encounter?? we got one body , injured might have gone into hiding among civies.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back