CI/CT Operations

You are overthinking this. It’s simply due to the fact that Jammu militancy has never been hot, historically. Hence, most units in Jammu are doing peace tenures and humanitarian duties, not fighting insurgents. This is why the unit was probably unprepared tbh

Please refrain from spreading misinformation. aside from the last few days we haven’t lost a single man since January.
Man this is absolute cowardice, they have been attacking peace duty convoys, traffic nakas, villagers and all. Their Social Media handles working over-time just to make sure Indians looses faith in his own country and making them believe that they are some sort of invincible revolutionary guerillas. Psychological warfare.

I hope you aware this a proxy war right. No other country is going through this right now other than pakistan. They took “rvenege” by attacking units doing humanitarian duties. What do you want to do? Throw all peace tenure units into combatv
Didn’t know being proxy of a country gave the terrorists licence to kill our troops in our own territory😀
it was a routine patrol 10 soldiers in a truck are not for humanitarian or logistics they were patrolling😀
I never said throw all the units in combat didn’t even mention any retaliation against pakis ,is armoured vehicles in risky areas is also too much to ask?

this is new policy , for what ever reason . DM didnt mention pakistan for beheading incident either.

i dont think any amount of preparation will prevent these attacks . militants will use everything from mines to snipers . security forces are too exposed .

for whatever reason , we have decided to completely ignore pakistan now - so these attacks will continue .

View: https://twitter.com/VJSWRITER/status/1810530835033993400

Fighting the terrorists like this aint gonna work in my opinion it like fighting with air either you punch it or kick it it would still be there since terror breeding camps aint enging soon
We have to look at the root of the problem ie 1 ogw (local terrorists)
2 armoured cabs in active insurgency areas like jammu Kashmir
3 strike in pakistan
What do y'all think im done raging now

Fighting the terrorists like this aint gonna work in my opinion it like fighting with air either you punch it or kick it it would still be there since terror breeding camps aint enging soon
We have to look at the root of the problem ie 1 ogw (local terrorists)
2 armoured cabs in active insurgency areas like jammu Kashmir
3 strike in pakistan
What do y'all think im done raging now
3rd is unrealistic the leadership doesn’t want it neither are we ready for it our airforce is at the weakest point rn army is downsizing and modernising navy is waiting to replace Mig 29k
1&2 should be done with immediate effect

3rd is unrealistic the leadership doesn’t want it neither are we ready for it our airforce is at the weakest point rn army is downsizing and modernising navy is waiting to replace Mig 29k
Not saying whole arse war but anti terror airstrikes or we can make use of our missiles too

Member party, I wanted to ask this one particular question. How effective this age old tactic could be - Let the Local RR units along with SOG run Door-to-door search ops in collaboration with the Distt. police along with CAPFs deploying to domination points in numbers while SF teams run SADO operations with CAS provided by helicopters. This model, imo, can work effectively in this certain terrain and accessibility. Forgot to mention that current Distt SP Kathua is a brave man and knows about this problem inside out.

Not saying whole arse war but anti terror airstrikes or we can make use of our missiles too
That will turn into a war we saw what happened in feb 2019 we don’t want that again we should only give a strong strike when we know that if war happens we will stomp pakis

I mean you guys have all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle in place but you're unable to see the big picture. Even after 3 years ever since the Taliban took over or at any rate 2 years since Zawahiri was assassinated by the US with the aid of Paxtan & the Taliban went loco.

You'd see retaliation in full public view only if you see a major outrage like Pulwama or Uri. Period. Will Paxtan oblige ? Unlikely.

Anything short of that & you'd see cross border raids taking out Fauji Foundation guys & destruction of their terrorist launch pads including tangos in low key operations like we've been seeing for the past 3-4 decades.

GoI has now invested heavily in Taliban sponsored TTP & Baloch Sarmachars to carry out what they're carrying out in Paxtan on a regular basis with the kind of casualties they're causing in the rank & file of Fauji Foundation .

Every time you feel despondent about losing our men here , keep an eye on what Fauji Foundation is facing in Paxtan against the various tanzeems inimical to it in operations undertaken there.

You want changes in the SOP. I think it's highly unlikely . Some lipstick on the pig is very much possible. The first indication of RADICAL changes would be a complete overhaul of the Agniveer program. Do I see it happening ? No , I don't .

But they'd tinker with it claiming they've brought about a permanent resolution to it to the satisfaction of all the "aggrieved parties. " The "aggrieved parties " in turn would concur & it'd be a case of - everyone lived happily ever after...

Don't get too vexed by these losses. Losing a dozen or so jawans & JCOs or an occasional senior officer like we did in various incidents in Jammu Kashmir & Ladakh the way we did these past days is par for the course for Sena Bhavan Raksha Mantralay & the PMO. At the end of the day it's their state of mind which matters not yours.

The template for our retaliation has already been set in stone for more than a year. If you choose not to connect the dots & keep venting about it , it's you who're going to get ulcers.

Ending ceasefire agreement is the logical solution to bring down the cross border terrorism, unless we inflict unbearable cost on pakistan they are not going to stop breeding terrorists from their land.

That will turn into a war we saw what happened in feb 2019 we don’t want that again we should only give a strong strike when we know that if war happens we will stomp pakis
We cant currently? Is the situation this abysmal ?

View: https://x.com/PTI_News/status/1810509406049845474

You all are over reacting ,Look they have up armored trucks ,
They just forgot to give this to the patrolling parties . Mistakes happen . What do yall know about army and the terrain to criticize them so much .

Ig this truck was there leading the column.

Member party, I wanted to ask this one particular question. How effective this age old tactic could be - Let the Local RR units along with SOG run Door-to-door search ops in collaboration with the Distt. police along with CAPFs deploying to domination points in numbers while SF teams run SADO operations with CAS provided by helicopters. This model, imo, can work effectively in this certain terrain and accessibility. Forgot to mention that current Distt SP Kathua is a brave man and knows about this problem inside out.
The first response must be to man those forests and establish fobs to assist in clearing the area grid by grid .
Trailcams can be setup in riverbed , ridges and trails .
Primarily, a drone sweep must be done of the patrolling routes , make it an SOP .

Yeah well SF did lots of SADOs some years earlier.
SF teams sprinkled out on the ridges, and we took the fight to their hideouts that was the best, we had the initiation and the surprise
Can't hear more such ops in past couple of years. That would do it I guess

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back