CI/CT Operations

Two cons and two pros in this

The first debacle in the policy is : Western armies do not operate around their borders, most armies are expedition army, hence their requirements are different.

Second debacle is the reaction time: The lack in kinetic action would result in massive loss civilians life and Indian territory. It is not like you will first wait and send your CBG like US does and then operate.

Advantage in logistics : Logistic support and supply chain will be much better with this model.

Out reach in Indian Ocean and Pacific: Something advantageous for navy to have penetration into ASEAN sea routes against any incoming naval threats.

As you correctly mentioned, US doesn't send its troops just like that. They have whole intelligence and diplomacy working to make the area acceptable to accommodate the troops. India lacks this tactic.

Example Maldives, Sri Lanka and soon Nepal.
Exactly. A defensive military needs to operate in a defensive manner. Cutting manpower has just given holes for jihadis to exploit. And they are slaughtering our men.

Gormint is also at fault, they don't reveal why a officer is being transferred.

I wonder what makes firing a gormint karamchari so difficult.

Because of Various level of Kothas in India. If you fire someone, he will drag department in court for years. This will hinder officer work.

In the end corrupt will be reinstated by judges on humanitarian grounds ( Biwi, bachche bhooke mar jayege)

So in the end, Corrupt will get all salary, compensation, and pensions without going for work since dismissal.

Indian judiciary is the sole reason for corruption in Indian. They treat corrupt and criminal with kid gloves

It's almost impossible to sack IAS/IPS babus. For petty reasons like "zero performance at work", there's no question of sacking.

For serious reasons like criminal offences, only the president can dismiss them. For long suspensions, a committee is formed to do a proper enquiry.
At the very least govt should officially screw the ACRs. Other things can follow. But I'm sure even that is not done.
Secondly there exists a rule I think that empowers the government to retire any public servant over 50 years of age in Public Interest

about 40 terrorists, mostly from Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) have managed to infiltrate into the Jammu region, mostly through the International Border manned by the BSF over the past one year.

explains bsf chief transfer

The Assam Rifles battalions are to be deployed in Machedi in Kathua and will focus on combing through the forested and hilly terrains once they establish a grid.

500 parasf , 3000 additional troops into jammu , some 2000 bsf , now ~3000 assam rifles.

9000 troops , 10,000 redeployed last year after beheading attack . i think that makes 20,000 troops redeployed to catch 50 or 60 terrorists . very nice returns for pakistan

I remember back in 2022 i’d be on twitter and as soon as the JKP tweeted out “encounter has started” i’d get excited as we were wiping out militants and taking zero casualties to ourselves. I was still in high school back then and in the middle of the day i’d be in class and get a notification that an encounter has started from JKP or that an encounter has ended with elimination of terrorists.

Two years later hearing these news makes me actually nervous for the soldiers on the ground.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back