CI/CT Operations

Initial rounds were fired from both sides for some minutes initially, since that total silence till now.. it's pretty obvious
Nope it’s not obvious silence doesn’t mean they have escaped(possibility is there)but they can be hiding and as of the modern force we are we stop the OP as soon as sun sets

Nope it’s not obvious silence doesn’t mean they have escaped(possibility is there)but they can be hiding and as of the modern force we are we stop the OP as soon as sun sets
Most probably, they escaped long before. This one is gonna cost us deadly. 4-5 rangos were trapped... mannn even pakistanis succeed at jungle ops but due to our bloody no night protocols.. we lost them again.. I don't think a chance like this will come again. We could had smoked a whole one team

Most probably, they escaped long before. This one is gonna cost us deadly. 4-5 rangos were trapped... mannn even pakistanis succeed at jungle ops but due to our bloody no night protocols.. we lost them again.. I don't think a chance like this will come again. We could had smoked a whole one team
Terrain Saar fkin hell we are so bad at this

Have the ops been called off ? Is it up on OSINT ?

the modern force we are we stop the OP as soon as sun sets
Even if we hand NVGs to the Paras, they can't magically nail these night ops since that requires a ton of training to effectively and efficiently utilize such equipment while formulating strategies/tactics & SOPs on night fighting capabilities, particularly in dense jungles

I wonder if MARCOS can be deployed for an op or two and see how they perform but I doubt IA will let them since that'd seriously hurt their ego

Urban combat we’ve always struggled esp in kashmir which is a guerillas heaven, but in jungle warfare we used to wipe out groups of militants. Now that the militants have started attacking at night, we are failing here too.

Modern army generals need to be ashamed of themselves.

Even if we hand NVGs to the Paras, they can't magically nail these night ops since that requires a ton of training to effectively and efficiently utilize such equipment while formulating strategies/tactics & SOPs on night fighting capabilities, particularly in dense jungles
Better now than never.

And NVGs need to be given to everyone. Proper training, SOPs, these need to be a part of all COIN courses in the COIN schools.

Have them wear the same camo to begin with

I'd be happy even if the team lead and the lead assaulters are given Mono or Binods at this point, let alone the whole squad
Think we have mono tubes that we’ve been using since 90s/00s?

I wonder if MARCOS can be deployed for an op or two and see how they perform but I doubt IA will let them since that'd seriously hurt their ego
Never deploy MARCOs (ik they have already but in very limited numbers) they are the assests which we can call an actual SF for SpecOps the leadership will cause multiple casualties and then raise their hands up which we don’t want,let para take care of that leave Marcos alone.

Think we have mono tubes that we’ve been using since 90s/00s?
Some Para units did induct tonbo quads and we have seen some twin tube ones with them in service but yes most of them use monos and MARCOs already have Tata’s Rajak 1-222B

Never deploy MARCOs (ik they have already but in very limited numbers) they are the assests which we can call an actual SF for SpecOps the leadership will cause multiple casualties and then raise their hands up which we don’t want,let para take care of that leave Marcos alone.
I agree but I also don't see GOI having the balls to undertake any OP on the lines of JSOC or the likes. At best, we'd do something similar to the surgical strikes a few kilometers from our borders which is no different to what PA's BAT teams with their SSG operators are doing all along

While I would never want to dilute, undermine nor over-utilize a professional force like MARCOS, we might as well test their capabilities in night ops since they have all the gear, equipment, possibly trained and the will to do it. I'm sure MARCOS leadership also wouldn't send their men blindly into a meat grinder without conducting proper recon, intel gathering in prior while potentially utilizing all assets at their disposal like thermal imagery, drones, satellite surveillance etc. This might also teach IA's top brass a lesson or two that this isn't Mahabharat to not fight at night and it could actually be done

Last edited:
I agree but I also don't see GOI having the balls to undertake any OP on the lines of JSOC or the likes. At best, we'd do something similar to the surgical strikes a few kilometers from our borders which is no different to what PA's BAT teams with their SSG operators are doing all along

While I would never want to dilute, undermine nor over-utilize a professional force like MARCOS, we might as well test their capabilities in night ops since they have all the gear, equipment, possibly trained and the will to do it. I'm sure MARCOS leadership also wouldn't send their men blindly into a meat grinder without conducting proper recon, intel gathering in prior while potentially utilizing all assets at their disposal like thermal imagery, drones, satellite surveillance etc. This might also teach IA's top brass a lesson or two that this isn't Mahabharat to not fight at night and it could actually be done
All of your arguments are valid but this what we want Army to learn you can’t call Marcos everywhere they need to learn recon and night ops.
Also I think we will see MARCOs doing these ops if we ever get into war.

All of your arguments are valid but this what we want Army to learn you can’t call Marcos everywhere they need to learn recon and night ops.
Also I think we will see MARCOs doing these ops if we ever get into war.
Marcos wont survive in this op.

I think Para SF is a bunch of gawars but they are a good fighting force.

They were ambushed and eliminated in one op.

This place is no joke.

Moreover marcos doesnt do ops where it searches the entire forest on its own.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back