DRDO and PSU's

I think it is your own requirement.

Kargil committee recommended high altitude attack helicopter but we brought Apache. Which is not unsuitable.

Now tell me which study suggested Apache for plains??
IA buying just 5 Apache is it enough for plains?? Or if is just money wasting?

Tell me why LCH is not adequate for plains??
The Apache was purchased for it's longbow radar and the terrain mapping capability. Anybody who thinks using it in Himalayas was not the plan is wrong. The Longbow is ideal for peekaboo scan, shoot and scoot maneuvers and can lob ATGMs from behind peaks. As for anti-tank duty on plains, LCH can do the same job. Whatever sensors and payload advantage the Apache enjoys, the LCH can too with upgrades. But why would HAL be in a hurry to integrate all this shit when the principal customer is eager to give a cold shoulder so they can get a few more Apaches in. Army and Airforce were on each other's throats almost when divvying up the first batch of Apaches.
1727538683103.png

Manmohan bahadur is the usual suspect.. never have I ever heard him praise indigenous efforts and if he does it's always followed up with a caveat
I often wonder what "hArD PoWeR aCcReTiOn" is there for IAF by 2014 compared to adversaries or even contemporaries.
They had,
In combat
1. Mig-21*
2. Mig-29*
3. Mirage-2000*
4. Sepecat Jaguar*
5. Su-30MKI
Auxiliaries:
1. 3 xAEWACS
2. 6 xTANKERs*
3. 0x Air To Ground Surveillance like JSTARs or SENTINEL
4. 0x Air To Ground Electronic Warfare Aircraft
5. 11x Heavy Transport Aircraft C-17
6. 17x Il-76*
7. 103x An-32*
8. 57x HS-148*
9. BAE Hawk*
10. HAL Kiran*
* Denotes Outdated and needs immediate replacement.
4 out of 5 fighter types are outdated. Even Su-30MKI needs Super Sukhoi standard to reach a proper 4.5th gen designation.

Is this what "Combat Capability" that these people boast of? Is there even any in first place unless we compare ourselves to some random Grade-C country's AF. Leave aside these by 2014, our equipment programs are

1. SRAAM- Nil
2. MRAAM- Astra succeeded but it is too late.
3. LRAAAM-Nil
4. Laser Guided Bombs-Nil
5. Glide Bombs-Nil
6. ARM-Nil
7. Air to Ground Missiles-Nil(Except Brahmos)
8. Pylon Mounted Jammers-Nil
9. Self Protection Jamming Pod-Nil
10. AESA Radar-Nil
11. EW Suite-Nil
12. HMDS- Nil

I have one question, genuinely don't these people even have an ounce of shame in them to lie straightly? They got smoked by PAF in 2019 and now boasting some non-existent Combat Capability.

I often wonder what "hArD PoWeR aCcReTiOn" is there for IAF by 2014 compared to adversaries or even contemporaries.
They had,
In combat
1. Mig-21*
2. Mig-29*
3. Mirage-2000*
4. Sepecat Jaguar*
5. Su-30MKI
Auxiliaries:
1. 3 xAEWACS
2. 6 xTANKERs*
3. 0x Air To Ground Surveillance like JSTARs or SENTINEL
4. 0x Air To Ground Electronic Warfare Aircraft
5. 11x Heavy Transport Aircraft C-17
6. 17x Il-76*
7. 103x An-32*
8. 57x HS-148*
9. BAE Hawk*
10. HAL Kiran*
* Denotes Outdated and needs immediate replacement.
4 out of 5 fighter types are outdated. Even Su-30MKI needs Super Sukhoi standard to reach a proper 4.5th gen designation.

Is this what "Combat Capability" that these people boast of? Is there even any in first place unless we compare ourselves to some random Grade-C country's AF. Leave aside these by 2014, our equipment programs are

1. SRAAM- Nil
2. MRAAM- Astra succeeded but it is too late.
3. LRAAAM-Nil
4. Laser Guided Bombs-Nil
5. Glide Bombs-Nil
6. ARM-Nil
7. Air to Ground Missiles-Nil(Except Brahmos)
8. Pylon Mounted Jammers-Nil
9. Self Protection Jamming Pod-Nil
10. AESA Radar-Nil
11. EW Suite-Nil
12. HMDS- Nil

I have one question, genuinely don't these people even have an ounce of shame in them to lie straightly? They got smoked by PAF in 2019 and now boasting some non-existent Combat Capability.

They are just middle men trying to get some money. Ball is on Armed forces people who does not take any steps to bridge the shortcomings. Also MODs usual stingyness and bending backwards.

They are just middle men trying to get some money. Ball is on Armed forces people who does not take any steps to bridge the shortcomings. Also MODs usual stingyness and bending backwards.
In another context, does IAF top brass think its too lowly of them to have something like Air Force Research Laboratory AFRL like USAF? Afterall they regularly salivate at foreign maal, don't they try to learn something from foreign AFs?

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back