Indian Politics and Democracy

While as a whole we are young country not to mention being mentality colonised still but we are also old civilisation and have good amount of literature(I guess).
On theatrization ,it is simply time being taken for even small events plus military leadership doesn’t having any clue how to go about it.
We have generals who goes to active site with their medals and rank.

Yes national security strategy documents.

yes civilisational literature exists, much of it has not even been translated yet. for past 75 years, the nation was so busy coming out of poverty, that we didn't have time to translate many of our own literature and figure out their application in the current age of modernity. and let's keep in mind that there are very few academics in the country, who have consciously overcome post-colonial mindset. reading civilisational literature thru colonised mindset gives us devdutt patnaik types who will end up making situation worse.

anecdotally, a few months back i was having a discussion with my mother about draupadi laughing at duryodhan when the fellow falls in that "lake". she was of the view that duryodhan was being unreasonable by holding a grudge which led to the great wars later. i was of the view that, duryodhan was a crown prince, and great warrior, his soldiers are willing die at his command, it takes years of practicing martial skills to reach that stage, he was a maharathi (if i am not wrong) ,of course he will hold a grudge when a relative nobody laughs at him. this is to say, mindset of the person interpreting old civilisational texts matter.

on theaterisation, from the outside ofcourse it will look like they don't have a clue, changing wheels while the car is in motion is very hard. they are doing it in a potential two front war scenario, they have to ensure no vulnerabilities emerge while the pieces are being re-arranged. we are seeing what is happening in jammu sector. there is no choice but to be cautious and conservative.

on national security strategy document, it is open ended as of now. last we know is CDS bipin rawat's statement that just because there is no public document, that does not mean there is no national security strategy itself.

yes civilisational literature exists, much of it has not even been translated yet. for past 75 years, the nation was so busy coming out of poverty, that we didn't have time to translate many of our own literature and figure out their application in the current age of modernity. and let's keep in mind that there are very few academics in the country, who have consciously overcome post-colonial mindset. reading civilisational literature thru colonised mindset gives us devdutt patnaik types who will end up making situation worse.

anecdotally, a few months back i was having a discussion with my mother about draupadi laughing at duryodhan when the fellow falls in that "lake". she was of the view that duryodhan was being unreasonable by holding a grudge which led to the great wars later. i was of the view that, duryodhan was a crown prince, and great warrior, his soldiers are willing die at his command, it takes years of practicing martial skills to reach that stage, he was a maharathi (if i am not wrong) ,of course he will hold a grudge when a relative nobody laughs at him. this is to say, mindset of the person interpreting old civilisational texts matter.

on theaterisation, from the outside ofcourse it will look like they don't have a clue, changing wheels while the car is in motion is very hard. they are doing it in a potential two front war scenario, they have to ensure no vulnerabilities emerge while the pieces are being re-arranged. we are seeing what is happening in jammu sector. there is no choice but to be cautious and conservative.

on national security strategy document, it is open ended as of now. last we know is CDS bipin rawat's statement that just because there is no public document, that does not mean there is no national security strategy itself.
Agree on the colonised and brown sepoy minds will make a mess out of our literature.

Off course there is national security but in parts and parcels and not a compareshive like the murica, Russia,china ,uk even Korea etc

On the other hand Our planners does not even think illegal peacfuls population Paul vaulting from Bangladesh as national security threat.

On the other hand Our planners does not even think illegal peacfuls population Paul vaulting from Bangladesh as national security threat.

there is a political answer to this, but i will skip it.

it's worse, we don't have national consensus on what constitutes India's national interest.

politicians, planners, bureaucrats come from the citizenry. whatever multitude of opinions and life experiences that exist in the citizenry, they get carried on into their jobs which gets used for planning and execution.

why go that far, we have about 500 members on this forum at this point in time, a small microcosm of Indians. neither here nor in the previous forum, i have never seen a consensus on problem statements and what a theoretical solution should look like.

counter argument would be, there will be no consensus and that what we elect or appoint leadership for, i have given a vote for. well, then accept the risks and tradeoffs of an action as well.

folks want the snake to be killed, but the stick should not break and feelings should not get hurt. leaving very little manoeuvrability.

there is a political answer to this, but i will skip it.

it's worse, we don't have national consensus on what constitutes India's national interest.

politicians, planners, bureaucrats come from the citizenry. whatever multitude of opinions and life experiences that exist in the citizenry, they get carried on into their jobs which gets used for planning and execution.

why go that far, we have about 500 members on this forum at this point in time, a small microcosm of Indians. neither here nor in the previous forum, i have never seen a consensus on problem statements and what a theoretical solution should look like.

counter argument would be, there will be no consensus and that what we elect or appoint leadership for, i have given a vote for. well, then accept the risks and tradeoffs of an action as well.

folks want the snake to be killed, but the stick should not break and feelings should not get hurt. leaving very little manoeuvrability.
Quite agree with this ,
at the end our society itself is responsible. For nothing we were enslaved for 1000 yrs then watched and mere spectators on British loyalist getting powers (not to mention partition which messed our security even more) with all British laws ,rules,system,institutions etc intact.

Just becoz u think like that it doesn’t make it easier. Or easier said than done. In today time people are unable to control their child ,controlling country like ours where apart from huge domestic issue ,foreign interference is also there the way like you said is nothing but wishful thinking.
It did passed CAA albeit late even after huge violence by peacfuls after that peacfuls have turned tactical.
Farm laws well IMO GOI should cracked down ruthlessly like deng of China but may be there are lot of facts and “happenings” we don’t know .
We also seems to overestimate our institutions capability ,may they are not that much capable especially when whole nation is one chaotic mess as well due to corruption and political moles.

Ultimately it is dhindu themself who are responsible. As a society they first need to come together and seriously think about what’s wrong with them.

What are you talking about? Every country deals with foreign interference. We have an entire ministry for that, and that’s their job, and being paid for.

Just because someone can’t control their kid doesn’t mean no one else can. Proper grooming is essential. The same goes for a country.

CAA was the easiest part, they passed the law. But implementation is still a fantasy, even after 5 years. After passing the bill, we had the Delhi riots, with Hindus getting killed in the national capital. Now, convince me they have the might to Implement NRC and push back Kanglus.

And the Khalistan issue. They've completely failed there. We’ll see the effects in coming yrs. They held him hostage on that flyover, slapped a parliamentarian, and killed Hindu leaders. What's being done to crack down on these elements? Nothing. They even let a designated separatist reach Parliament. That’s a huge failure.

We can argue about it endlessly, but the reality is they had the capacity, especially in the last two terms with the existing political setup.

What are you talking about? Every country deals with foreign interference. We have an entire ministry for that, and that’s their job, and being paid for.

Just because someone can’t control their kid doesn’t mean no one else can. Proper grooming is essential. The same goes for a country.

CAA was the easiest part, they passed the law. But implementation is still a fantasy, even after 5 years. After passing the bill, we had the Delhi riots, with Hindus getting killed in the national capital. Now, convince me they have the might to Implement NRC and push back Kanglus.

And the Khalistan issue. They've completely failed there. We’ll see the effects in coming yrs. They held him hostage on that flyover, slapped a parliamentarian, and killed Hindu leaders. What's being done to crack down on these elements? Nothing. They even let a designated separatist reach Parliament. That’s a huge failure.

We can argue about it endlessly, but the reality is they had the capacity, especially in the last two terms with the existing political setup.
Being confidently ignorant is not a virtue. The CAA rules were implemented in March 2024. People were given citizenship based on the rules.

Rest of your points are not worth discussing. The adage of making a mountain out of a mole hill is suitable here. What you seek is perfection in your subjective reality. Many of us don't see your points as being major issues.

View: https://twitter.com/akki_bauer22_/status/1817414071605743779

Indian babu/bureaucracy needs mass exterm!nation. It is completely broken right now, and with ever increasing urban population, it is not surprising our cities are getting worse or stagnating at best.

A country where PM can't suspend a constable would not change anything.

In India, have anyone ever heard that a service man ( from any service) terminated from job?? None.

Even if you heard, but later reinstated by Indian Kothas.

Indian judiciary is the sole reason for corruption in India.

Being confidently ignorant is not a virtue. The CAA rules were implemented in March 2024. People were given citizenship based on the rules.

Rest of your points are not worth discussing. The adage of making a mountain out of a mole hill is suitable here. What you seek is perfection in your subjective reality. Many of us don't see your points as being major issues.

Just 350 odds given citizenship in 5 yrs and 5 months of its notification. A symbolic move before the elections. Yet, it's an accomplishment they should be praised for. And was wrong on my side to include it.

Coming to
Not worth discussing b'coz they failed miserably on all those points, and you don't have anything to counter on that.

No one is seeking "perfection" in "subjective" reality. We, the fools are expecting the "least" from a "potent" and "capable" regime in a "pratical" world where our "reality" is at stake. The "facts" you believe is not worth discussing are the burning issues. not even listing the foundational issues involved.

Don't get me started on their shortcomings. Forget the policies related to national interest. What have they accomplished in Haryana or MP? They had to adopt khujliwal's freebie policy to come back to power in MP.

Check out the CI/CT thread and see the mess they've created. The strongest argument in favor of BJP was national security, and that's also been falling apart over the last 6 months with the chaos in Manipur and JK operations.

Just 350 odds given citizenship in 5 yrs and 5 months of its notification. A symbolic move before the elections. Yet, it's an accomplishment they should be praised for. And was wrong on my side to include it.

Coming to
Not worth discussing b'coz they failed miserably on all those points, and you don't have anything to counter on that.

No one is seeking "perfection" in "subjective" reality. We, the fools are expecting the "least" from a "potent" and "capable" regime in a "pratical" world where our "reality" is at stake. The "facts" you believe is not worth discussing are the burning issues. not even listing the foundational issues involved.

Don't get me started on their shortcomings. Forget the policies related to national interest. What have they accomplished in Haryana or MP? They had to adopt khujliwal's freebie policy to come back to power in MP.

Check out the CI/CT thread and see the mess they've created. The strongest argument in favor of BJP was national security, and that's also been falling apart over the last 6 months with the chaos in Manipur and JK operations.
At present Khalistan issue is not related to religion anymore, it is a caste supremacy movement under the garb of Sikhism or we can conclude that Sikhism has been skillfully appropriated by a particular caste for their personal use , although I firmly believe that Sikhism is undergoing transformation since Max Arthur Macauliffe times and by 1947 itself it was transformed a lot due to reform movements to steer it away from Sanatan Dharma. But since Bhindiwala times it has clearly been hijacked by a dominant caste, due to which Ramdasia and Mazhabi Sikhs felt disillusioned and they either became followers of Deras or nowadays converting to Christianity en masse. I myself belongs to that particular caste but my views are different. They want to court their cousins in Haryana under the garb of farmers politics, and their ultimate aim is to create anarchy, there is certainly a foreign hand in it. I don't think they are capable to hijack the system but still government should not show any weakness.

Ek baat gaanth baandh ke rakh lo.. any person fecilitated by Oustiders, have film dedicated on it by Bwood, features in international documenteries. .. know that daal main kuch gadbad hai.. these are curated folks for useful purposes(by outsiders).

I was writing a lengthy post on Social Engineering and was trying to summarize use of Awards scholaships and media hughlights to cultivate favor. But lost that post. Will need to retype everything.. sigh

Once upon a time there used to come INDIAN LAUGHTER CHALLENGE, first season gave us many legends, Second season gave us another legend, third season if I am not wrong brought pakistanis, bhikharis have no industry there but still bark at competing with us.

You know, it takes talent to be comedic genius, the munwar farooqui type are propaganda with comedy just side business.
So, please.

Once upon a time there used to come INDIAN LAUGHTER CHALLENGE, first season gave us many legends, Second season gave us another legend, third season if I am not wrong brought pakistanis, bhikharis have no industry there but still bark at competing with us.

You know, it takes talent to be comedic genius, the munwar farooqui type are propaganda with comedy just side business.
So, please.
That isn't the point. Freedom to critique politicians/culture etc has been a part of humanity ever since humans started to record history. It isn't right that these people face arrest warrants for speaking against some aspects of Indian society or the government.

This is a malaise. Police is to enforce law and order. Why is it being used as a tool to intimidate? Is speaking against rape a crime that Vir Das faced arrest warrants? If we really want India to be "developed", it means letting people express dissent, especially when it isn't violent.

I support BJP. But I most certainly don't support this low level behavior. The state shouldn't have the power to suppress non violent dissent just because the fragile ego of some people was hurt.

That isn't the point. Freedom to critique politicians/culture etc has been a part of humanity ever since humans started to record history. It isn't right that these people face arrest warrants for speaking against some aspects of Indian society or the government.

This is a malaise. Police is to enforce law and order. Why is it being used as a tool to intimidate? Is speaking against rape a crime that Vir Das faced arrest warrants? If we really want India to be "developed", it means letting people express dissent, especially when it isn't violent.

I support BJP. But I most certainly don't support this low level behavior. The state shouldn't have the power to suppress non violent dissent just because the fragile ego of some people was hurt.

this may be true from a western perspective, where there is no active threat to national security and territorial sovereignty. this narrative has come primarily from U.S, UK and central europe, their free thinkers do not have to take into account riots , targeted killings and terror attacks funded by neighbouring and foreign countries, India has to take these into account.

societies of poor post-colonial countries operate on different fundamentals, one wrong move and few weeks of instigated riots, crores will go into poverty as a result, deaths are a given. recent examples, no one anticipated that one high court judgement in manipur will cause such a chaos. events that culminated in nupur sharma's death threats started with saba naqvi's tweet.

for India, multiple national security threats are ever present.

may 2022
https://www.opindia.com/2022/05/sab...r-course-for-liberals-to-ridicule-hindu-gods/

jun 2022

Last edited:

Who the fukc even is veer das? Do we have some Gora in India organising a show in which he yaps how their country is being plundered by nignogs or muzlims ?
These celebRaty maggots will not speak how a certain pedo community disproportionately indulges into crimes.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back