Indian Politics and Democracy

This is the condition of domestic sm companies
Any sane country or govt would have promoted it and help it spread
In today's world if u can't shape propaganda and narrative in ur favour u are finished

Good Riddance.

Govt did their best to support these guys but they screwed up. Their whole platform was problematic and unstable.

Even with big money pumped into them they did nothing to improve their backend and get better infrastructure.

even a sitting U.S president couldn't escape SM algorithms of companies within his jurisdiction. this is a global issue, beyond the capacity and capability of individual governments.

unless more complainants join and turn this case into a class action lawsuit, unlikely that this case will have a major irreversible impact.
I think Modi & the BJP ought to decide what's in their best interests. I'd suggest a combination of legislation as well as beefing up their own network of SM warriors considerably thereby creating an ecosystem & most importantly providing them protection in whatever form is required.

If they fail to do so the results are before them . They'd have only themselves to blame for it .

While on the topic I'm not sure international opinions of political outfits the world over is
comfortable with SM especially a few behemoths deciding the agenda.

IIRC a few months ago , Albanese had asked for international consensus building on the ways to tackle these companies in the future .

It's essentially a question of who's going to bell the cat. Modi can either choose to be proactive or reactive . What he can't afford to do is be passive & treat this as a passing storm .

BJP has been countering INDI MPs really well so far.

PM Modi himself is on front foot:

CISF constable Kulwinder Kaur, who allegedly slapped BJP MP Kangana Ranaut, is still suspended and a departmental inquiry against her is still on: CISF

In today's world if u can't shape propaganda and narrative in ur favour u are finished

You cannot hold this failure against government. Building a social media company is no joke. You need to have a massive market for it. Even the Europeans have failed to create any social media platform. Chinese were only able to do it by closing off their market for others. Koo never had a chance. They never had any product differentiation. It looked like a cheap replica of Twitter. People don't like cheap replicas.

First time hearing about this app...😥

You cannot hold this failure against government. Building a social media company is no joke. You need to have a massive market for it. Even the Europeans have failed to create any social media platform. Chinese were only able to do it by closing off their market for others. Koo never had a chance. They never had any product differentiation. It looked like a cheap replica of Twitter. People don't like cheap replicas.
I have read a piece that how Americans were literally pushing their sm companies to other countries and their markets through various means and promotion
It became a very important arm of their diplomacy
We on other hand didn't even make accounts of our ministries or organizations even I guess pmo wasn't present there
I am not completely blaming govt as there are many factors and I do agree but we can't counter propaganda without our own sm platforms

I have read a piece that how Americans were literally pushing their sm companies to other countries and their markets through various means and promotion
It became a very important arm of their diplomacy
We on other hand didn't even make accounts of our ministries or organizations even I guess pmo wasn't present there
I am not completely blaming govt as there are many factors and I do agree but we can't counter propaganda without our own sm platforms

A social media app needs to win its domestic market first before conquering overseas.

All the top American and Chinese companies follow this pattern. Koo never made any ripples, even in the Indian market.

It's unfair to blame either Koo or the Indian government solely. It's a combination of Koo being bad with its product and the Indian government having no clue on how to provide an advantage to a domestic platform over a foreign one.

Yeah, that was a fundamental issue. If that app was good enough for the Brazilian and the Nigerian presidents to create their accounts, then PMO could've done it too and brought his millions of followers, but for reasons unknown he didn't.

Also Note that SM is one area where the first mover advantage is truly massive, unless you offer a vastly better product, people in general will resist to move. Koo with it's limited funding would've never been as good the American SM companies simply due to the billions in their war chests. At some point it would've died out due to funding.

It is what it is I guess.

A social media app needs to win its domestic market first before conquering overseas.

All the top American and Chinese companies follow this pattern. Koo never made any ripples, even in the Indian market.

It's unfair to blame either Koo or the Indian government solely. It's a combination of Koo being bad with its product and the Indian government having no clue on how to provide an advantage to a domestic platform over a foreign one.
Koo managed to get a buzz in India. They managed to get good traffic once.

But their app was unstable, barely usable in Android; a little better in iOS. They needed to work on improving their code and architecture and spend some money on backend servers where they failed miserably.
Now that can be attributed to non-existent server market in India that time.

Yeah, that was a fundamental issue. If that app was good enough for the Brazilian and the Nigerian presidents to create their accounts, then PMO could've done it too and brought his millions of followers, but for reasons unknown he didn't.

Also Note that SM is one area where the first mover advantage is truly massive, unless you offer a vastly better product, people in general will resist to move. Koo with it's limited funding would've never been as good the American SM companies simply due to the billions in their war chests. At some point it would've died out due to funding.

Large number of Govt offices and MPs created account on Koo and started to post there but the app did not improve with time.

Correct.

You either need 100's of millions of dollars or state backing, or sometimes even both, to succeed in the social media firm game.

Koo had neither.
Koo managed to get a buzz in India. They managed to get good traffic once.

But their app was unstable, barely usable in Android; a little better in iOS. They needed to work on improving their code and architecture and spend some money on backend servers where they failed miserably.
Now that can be attributed to non-existent server market in India that time.
Koo made a buzz for a few days, or maybe a week at best.

I signed up and used Koo for a while. It was terrible in the beginning, but even after a few months, it barely improved.

It met its inevitable fate.

Large number of Govt offices and MPs created account on Koo and started to post there but the app did not improve with time.

While that's better than nothing, it isn't enough. Koo was never going to take off unless Twitter was banned in India. Which the Indian government can't do for a variety of valid reasons.

Frankly, there's no easy solution to this issue.

Its the Vishwaguru's account that really matters. He's the one who can pull in and keep all the mass followers.

BTW, I created an account late 2022 and it wasn't really bad, but by that time the buzz had died out.

I think Modi & the BJP ought to decide what's in their best interests. I'd suggest a combination of legislation as well as beefing up their own network of SM warriors considerably thereby creating an ecosystem & most importantly providing them protection in whatever form is required.

If they fail to do so the results are before them . They'd have only themselves to blame for it .

While on the topic I'm not sure international opinions of political outfits the world over is
comfortable with SM especially a few behemoths deciding the agenda.

IIRC a few months ago , Albanese had asked for international consensus building on the ways to tackle these companies in the future .

It's essentially a question of who's going to bell the cat. Modi can either choose to be proactive or reactive . What he can't afford to do is be passive & treat this as a passing storm .

i'd say, adopt scorched earth strategy, discredit the concept of social media itself.
current levels of pace and scale of information flow without checks is not good for the society at large.

i'd say, adopt scorched earth strategy, discredit the concept of social media itself.
current levels of pace and scale of information flow without checks is not good for the society at large.
The bottle is uncorked & the genie is out of the bottle. Can't force it back. It's an impossible task. However what can be undertaken is taming of the beast. It can also be subverted just as it is subverting the national discourse in every nation.

They will like if there's no other choice.
Twitter should've been banned in 2019 itself

Word around the street is Brandon might be replaced and the candidate will most likely be brown coolie kamala harris.
Brandon himself is denying to step down but the party is considering the replacement plan

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back