Indian Politics and Democracy

Why can't Modi government sit quietly for few months and let things run the way they are now. Ayodhya and West Bengal should be dealt strictly ,let the opposition commit mistakes and dig their own grave. There was no need for removing indexation and then taking it back ( ppl are saying that as because a lot of politicians have invested in real estate ,the government had to take it back). Similarly no need to go suddenly for 45 lateral entries and then take it back. They could have gone for 10 at a time. But looks like they have lost the plot.

Why can't Modi government sit quietly for few months and let things run the way they are now. Ayodhya and West Bengal should be dealt strictly ,let the opposition commit mistakes and dig their own grave. There was no need for removing indexation and then taking it back ( ppl are saying that as because a lot of politicians have invested in real estate ,the government had to take it back). Similarly no need to go suddenly for 45 lateral entries and then take it back. They could have gone for 10 at a time. But looks like they have lost the plot.
Actually Govt have so many ways to get experienced people into IAS including change of law.

Actually Govt have so many ways to get experienced people into IAS including change of law.

When full pajama (majority) was there then they should have done it. They had manpower to formulate the policy too. Now when the naada is missing and pajama is torn from behind (less than 250 seats) what law will they change? They are passing their time for a face saving exit.

Aree, yaar, government should form a quasi-consultancy group, like PSU, why can't there be PSU that can offer services not only to government in technology related matters but also in policy matters? Government should use this to cut down flab. Multiple policy or action group PSUs should be formed.
The thing is no one should feel like they are only entry point, because it is dangerous.
politicians do this form of my law, my benefit type of thing brazenly in their incomes, someone check their PENSION schemes, it's full daylight robbery.

Aree, yaar, government should form a quasi-consultancy group, like PSU, why can't there be PSU that can offer services not only to government in technology related matters but also in policy matters? Government should use this to cut down flab. Multiple policy or action group PSUs should be formed.
The thing is no one should feel like they are only entry point, because it is dangerous.
politicians do this form of my law, my benefit type of thing brazenly in their incomes, someone check their PENSION schemes, it's full daylight robbery.

Already have been tried. Money was wasted by so called policy makers which came in as advisors, deputed officers etc, who were educated abroad and have worked in MNCs . They wasted money on international visits, telephone calls, personal care with zero outcome. This is why government this time wants lateral entry to a constitutional post.

you are assuming govt babus give bhav to PSU babus, i sat in a few such meetings at state govt level, they don't. service rules hierarchy dictates everything. from gormint's perspective, PSU are service providers, they can be advisors in some cases but they do not have required authority.

here the issue is not that central gormint cannot get people with those qualifications, if they want they can get them from the big 4. issue here is getting people with those qualifications backed by service rules to make them competent authority to represent on behalf of government of India.

you are assuming govt babus give bhav to PSU babus, i sat in a few such meetings at state govt level, they don't. service rules hierarchy dictates everything. from gormint's perspective, PSU are service providers, they can be advisors in some cases but they do not have required authority.

here the issue is not that central gormint cannot get people with those qualifications, if they want they can get them from the big 4. issue here is getting people with those qualifications backed by service rules to make them competent authority to represent on behalf of government of India.
I am talking about PSU type consultancy company, common folks want government job, give them that, divide thinking part into multiple PSUs, and keep working part with dedicated team for self. Government can easily frame policies for itself and how it want services, it doesn't take that much time to get yes men installed and remove BHAV KHAU secretaries.
It's another story though, if they want to keep playing bureaucracy, then deal with the rot and then go to poor African nations on tour and tell how much Indian democracy is greater than China system.

Modi is succumbing to pressure. If that is the case this goverment will be same as UPA era knighmare, I sincerely hope that is not the case.
Why the hell gobhi cucked out on every resistance. In this term maybe it is becoz of coalition kichdi.

On the other hand this happened .
Typical media,typical leaders , typical whitewashing and typical dhindus having no clue.

The first step towards bringing about a major change which might face considerable resistance is to float the idea for the public debate through a small decision and then reversing that decision. This is a time-tested political strategy.

The goal is to not look like Tughlak while trying to break the inertia.

Main problem was with reservation. Just add few more posts for sc st and OBC. Instead of 45 recruit 58. Don't lower the qualification. They may get 30 still better.

Last edited:
The first step towards bringing about a major change which might face considerable resistance is to float the idea for the public debate through a small decision and then reversing that decision. This is a time-tested political strategy.

The goal is to not look like Tughlak while trying to break the inertia.
It wasn’t the first time lateral entry happened. Modi should start thinking different way this reversal again and again is not good thing honestly.
For now industrialisation and catching upto latest trend is absolute necessity for which require right people definitely can’t get them through typical quota chap system.
Jai Ambedkar he have destroyed meritocracy in this country.

Main problem was with reservation. Just add few more posts for sc st and OBC. Instead of 45 recruit 58. Don't lower the qualification. They may get 30 still better.
Reservation politics is here to blame. Do you think they will not make hue and cry when they don’t change qualification for quota chaps or give those positions to others when unfilled.
Point is this reversals even on small things isn’t good ,it doesn’t inspire confidence in leader ji.

Reservation politics is here to blame. Do you think they will not make hue and cry when they don’t change qualification for quota chaps or give those positions to others when unfilled.
Point is this reversals even on small things isn’t good ,it doesn’t inspire confidence in leader ji.
Abhi Jo hai wo hai. Govt didn't do anything to remove caste problems or promoting unity among Hindus. First unite Hindus then talk of removing reservation

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back