Indian Railways

Those are remote locations where it can take long time to reach and see if anything goes wrong. Ofcourse you need to cover these tracks remotely via cameras.

We are not exactly loaded with absolute money to fund and maintain over 140K KM of track length with Camera placed every 200 mtr!​

I am not good at writing ,let me try.

I agree with you it being costly affair.

Indian railways is British era antique org. (Not literally) it’s service rules, maintenance methodology etc all from British times and have not co-opted or paced with modern innovation and technology.
they have only made problem bed rather improving it. There exist debroy committe recommmedation but no one can dare to implement them in democracy, I guess.

1) in above post where I mentioned camera being installed at every 3rd OHE, it wasn’t asked by railway. It was simply done becoz consultants ,designers etc are all from western or SK hence such modernity in USBRL projects etc and there was no dearth for FUNDING since it was coming from PMO.

Still providing all those camera there will be all those lineman,key mate ,gang man etc will be doing petrolling on foot the whole track in day and night. All will be sarkari naukers.
As if that wasn’t enough there will be10-12 security personals from GRP at every entry and exist of bridge and tunnels, here I am not mentioning CRPF at stations and important bridges.

2) now considering the salary of all those sarkari naukers in lifetime of its running and having cameras and good methodology I think both will not be that far off.not mention we can super charge our camera and surveillance industry &methodolgy.

Blade you got the answer in video itself. The day cameras manufacturing takes root in India and its supply chain is established - you shall seem them being used in big and effective way. Right now everything is imported. Cheper option is only China and their Hikvison cameras. India started going big with them including in defence sectors only to realise as with most Chinese things - they were compromised. Solar Imdustries had even secured leak incident some time back due to using cameras in restricted zone for security.

Last edited:
Blade you got the answer in video itself. The day cameras manufacturing takes root in India and its supply chain is established - you shall seem them being used in big and effective way. Right now everything is imported. Cheper option is only China and their Hikvison cameras. India started going big with them including in defence sectors only to realise as with most Chinese things - they were compromised. Solar Imdustries had even secured leak incident some time back due to using cameras in restricted zone for security.
Then let’s encourage an home grown option. And we can use the IR to jump start a new industry.

And govt PLI in electronis is exactly for that. By the way AI cameras shall be installed inside trains.

And we can boost the homemade cameras by using IR as the first big customer and order large orders from several vendors with the criteria that all parts must be Indian made and data collection localized. This will lead to other govt agencies and Indian municipalities making similar orders.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back