Indian Small Arms and Weapons

Which vendor should be better for ASMI, LML or SAF? @KAB7777 are there any more industry partners for ASMI, except the 2 mentioned?
Only these 2 that I know of.
I feel that the system of 60:40 ratio might be followed with 60 in favour the L1 bidder and 40 to the L2 at the same price quoted by L1 like the ATAGs program or the 2 parties have freedom to bid on their own, we’ll probably find out much later.

I had a question, why did we put those long ass suppressors on Tavor when the muzzle of both the M4 and the Tavor is same, that flash hider one. Why not put the same ones the M4 uses
Now I am a noobie here with guns, I don't know if its possible or not.
6-para-airborne-troopers-with-iwi-tavor-tar-21-assault-v0-yqm866yqz1e91.jpgarmy-para-sf-with-a-child-holding-an-star-21-with-mepro-mor-v0-i0gzbuvdgymd1.pngDSC09947__13368.jpg

I had a question, why did we put those long ass suppressors on Tavor when the muzzle of both the M4 and the Tavor is same, that flash hider one. Why not put the same ones the M4 uses
Now I am a noobie here with guns, I don't know if its possible or not.
View attachment 11692View attachment 11693View attachment 11694
You can mount on both the guns, as both use the same NATO standard 22mm muzzle. But the shorter length of Tavor compared to M4 helps in keeping the overall length of the set-up a tiny bit down.

Assuming a 200mm suppressor; 820mm long M4 would be 1020mm but for a 720mm Tavor it would be 920mm.

You can mount on both the guns, as both use the same NATO standard 22mm muzzle. But the shorter length of Tavor compared to M4 helps in keeping the overall length of the set-up a tiny bit down.

Assuming a 200mm suppressor; 820mm long M4 would be 1020mm but for a 720mm Tavor it would be 920mm.
Would a suppressor also increase the accuracy and the range of a weapon?

Would a suppressor also increase the accuracy and the range of a weapon?
A suppressor can easily increase the velocity by 20-30fps. To put that in perspective, a 5.56x45mm travels at 2,800fps. So you get an increase of a solid 1.07%. Yup, it's disappointing

As for accuracy, it depends on how smoothly (correct technical term would be aerodynamically or may be laminar) the interaction of gases and baffles happen with the bullet inside the suppressor. If things are not concentric then it can deteriorate the accuracy. But if everything is perfectly lined up then accuracy improves SLIGHTLY.

So yes to both of your questions, but that increases would be extremely low to have any real world significance.

The only significant change a suppressor does to a gun is increase the pressure. So now your BCG slams at a much higher velocity, the RPM increases, blowback of gases happen at you face...

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back