Indian Special Forces

Are you guys happy with the quality of the thread?
Half of the posts here deserves to be in chit chat thread.
What do you guys want?
Do you want a separate thread for special force drama?
While the drama is entertaining to a certain extent do we really want these reads to resolve around that?

Its not only Sikhs who glorifies themselves of their martial race.Jats Rajputs all call themselves martial race .But kill ratios of them in battles from historical era doesn’t backs it up😂. I know many of you guys will be furious but its the fact.There is nothing like martial race,Gorkhas Sikhs Jats Rajputs all had their fare share of defeats.
Despite getting freedom in 1947 we are still believing in martial race theory and superiority of us over Chinese and believes china still uses Human wave tactics using peasants armed with SKS
Well tbf to them most places in india fell under some islamic rule…

What do you guys want?
While the drama is entertaining to a certain extent do we really want these reads to resolve around that?
Saar we need actual special forces for their to be conversation about them!

The British thing was after 1857 revolt when Bengalis revolted more than anyone else.

Hence, after the revolt only those regiments were kept which were obedient.

I dont know about martial vs non martial race record bcoz entire Indian Army is regimented around Martial race except maybe Grenadiers and Mech Infantry who i dont think have a better record than Gurkhas or Kumaonis.
Kumaon regiment isn’t purely kumaonis fyi.

Its battalions are mixed with kumaonis, ahirs, with plains rajputs in 15th battalion.

2, 3( my favorite battalion), 6, 8, 9, 17 are pure kumaoni

4, 7, 12, 16 is 25% ahir 75% kumaoni
18,19,20,21 nd 5 r 50/50

11 and 13 are purely ahir
15 is 50/50 kumaoni and plains rajput

Also i think grenadiers only selects jats ahirs and gujjars.
Mech infantry itself was formed from battalions of various regiments.

Martial race doesn't mean you can't becdefeated it's just a criteria to get strong men into the British army who have fighting history right man for the right job
“Martial race” concept is i think based on military/militant culture. It’s true some parts of india have higher recruiting than others. For example, Uttarakhand Himachal and Dogra regions of Kashmir have the highest recruiting in india. And make up a lot of the army officers as well. I don’t think it’s any racial or genetic difference it’s more cultural (for exmaple in the Kingdom of Kumaon there was a militia full of volunteers which fought only in the wartime).

The difference is kumaonis/garhwalis/dogras/himachalis don’t go around chest thumping 24-7 and belittling others like Khalistani sikhs do, even tho their contribution to the army is higher in number.

What do you guys want?
It shows the dire straits our SF units are in. Quality discussions here mostly emerge when good gear is spotted in an exercise or information regarding a terrific op comes in. Sooner or later the discussion always loops back to inadequate gear, lack of foresight and planning, general criticism on mandate and tactics etc. It's become the organic nature of the SF thread since back in DFI. The core points of debate haven't changed much over the recent years either. All of this is a nice way of saying people here are bored of ranting and often resort to shit-posting to alleviate the gloomy mood. Encouraging technical discussions more often would keep people engaged enough to not derail the thread almost everyday.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back