LCA TEJAS MK-I & MK-IA: News and Discussion

Last edited:
Something to celebrate - 2 x F404 engines are to be delivered soon, according to IDRW. The report also says 6 more engines are expected to be delivered by March 2025. Perhaps the first Mk1A will be delivered this year, assuming the first engines are not used for Tejas trainers.

I had posted similar thing earlier but is it reliable? IDRW is known for posting fake news.

I had posted similar thing earlier but is it reliable? IDRW is known for posting fake news.
I cannot vouch for the reliability (no source given) but another Indian site says

GE Aerospace is poised to begin delivering F-404 engines to India this month, with two engines already scheduled for shipment. This development is expected to significantly accelerate the production of Tejas light combat aircraft by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

The US aerospace giant has committed to delivering an additional six F-404 engines by the end of March 2025.

There is one courbe that ends at 7.5G. As I don't understand russian langage I don't know what it means

Sustained turns are typically done at 6-7Gs... 7.5 would mean a lot.

... Gl0b0h0m0s Liberandu-sickulars ...
Do you have this copied to your clipboard, or have to type the full thing everytime someone disagrees with you? 🤣

That's the charm of delta wing - it will always complete the first circle well... first but what happens after that??

You shoot high-G off-boresight CCM to end the fight.

90% of dogfights end as such. Today’s CCMs are almost sureshot kill if it acquires lock.

For Su 30 it is clear. Far less for Mig.
Su30 is unstable and fitted with classical tail AND canards : amazing !
Mig29 is stable (no FBW), limited to 7.5G. Its sole (but so potent) advantage is short range missile linked to the pilot helmet. In a canon only fight I doubt Mig to be better.

All Su-27 and its derivatives (including Su 30) have HMS + R73 integration for 60deg off-boresight shots.

Do you have this copied to your clipboard, or have to type the full thing everytime someone disagrees with you? 🤣

I hate liers who lies for no reason. The guy deliberately lying despite of knowing that Mig-29 capabilities. I also make sure that none should fool me twice.

He said Mig-29 is stable design fighter which is absolutely incorrect even 3rd class school going children know it. All fighter jets beyond 2nd generation are unstable design.

Second he said Mig-29 can pull maximum 7.5G which is again incorrect. Being Air Superiority fighter it's obvious it should pull 9g ( Humen tolerance Limit ). Then he said Mig-29 is not a air superiority fighter, it's a point defence ( a side role).

Then again he said ohh it's Sustain turn rate on dry thrust which again is not a peak performance feature.

In Dog fight, jet fly on maximum G to maintain high angle of attack. Sustain turn rate useful only in rate fight when both aircraft loss altitude.

All these high alpha, High G, Sustain turn rate, instantaneous turn rate, Climb rate, Thrust to weight ratio are useful in a specific time of the fight.

So applying one parameter on an inappropriate condition is called "Bias".

Something to celebrate - 2 x F404 engines are to be delivered soon, according to IDRW. The report also says 6 more engines are expected to be delivered by March 2025. Perhaps the first Mk1A will be delivered this year, assuming the first engines are not used for Tejas trainers.

That means, more or less, 6 engines produce in 6 months..... (october to march) ie 1 a month.
Strangely low.

I had some free time and found a German Air Force Dash 1 manual with the flight characteristics.

View attachment 8506

There's a corner speed window from ~100 knots where it can consistently turn at 9Gs(limited for the pilot)
And this window is for altitude zero.
At 9800ft the limit is 8.2G in a narrow band of speed, and 7.5G max elsewhere if I read correctly.

You shoot high-G off-boresight CCM to end the fight.

90% of dogfights end as such. Today’s CCMs are almost sureshot kill if it acquires lock.

All Su-27 and its derivatives (including Su 30) have HMS + R73 integration for 60deg off-boresight shots.
CCM ? what is it?

He said Mig-29 is stable design fighter which is absolutely incorrect even 3rd class school going children know it. All fighter jets beyond 2nd generation are unstable design.
Are you sure Mig 29 has unstable Architecture? IIRC only from Mig29 M onwards including Mig29 K FBW was introduced replacing hydraulic controls. I doubt original was "unstable" design as that would have required fbw like Su 27.

I hate liers who lies for no reason. The guy deliberately lying despite of knowing that Mig-29 capabilities. I also make sure that none should fool me twice.

Second he said Mig-29 can pull maximum 7.5G which is again incorrect. Being Air Superiority fighter it's obvious it should pull 9g ( Humen tolerance Limit ). Then he said Mig-29 is not a air superiority fighter, it's a point defence ( a side role).

Then again he said ohh it's Sustain turn rate on dry thrust which again is not a peak performance feature.

In Dog fight, jet fly on maximum G to maintain high angle of attack. Sustain turn rate useful only in rate fight when both aircraft loss altitude.

All these high alpha, High G, Sustain turn rate, instantaneous turn rate, Climb rate, Thrust to weight ratio are useful in a specific time of the fight.

So applying one parameter on an inappropriate condition is called "Bias".
I am 'The Guy"....

Mig 29 is a stable design. It has no FBW. The latest version may have FBW (Mig 35 ?) but not the first version.
Mig 29 range is low. It was studied as a replacement of Mig 21 in the point defense role.

I am 'The Guy"....

Mig 29 is a stable design. It has no FBW. The latest version may have FBW (Mig 35 ?) but not the first version.
Mig 29 range is low. It was studied as a replacement of Mig 21 in the point defense role.
Your info is quite accurate for the original MiG29A.
Wholly wrong about the M, UPG and K. Unstable, decent range, entirely quadruplex FBW.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back