Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

It ain't LPVO, what you sometimes see on SIG-716i is just a simple fixed magnification 4x scope.

It's more like a VLPFO.
View attachment 11206
Wanna see something funny (depression to be honest)?
Let's compare this, boldly written 2021 scope to an old 60s Soviet PSO-1 scope.
Magnification: 4x
Field of view: 6°
Transmission: -
Eye clearance: 68mm
Exit pupil: 6mm
Weight: 497g

What OPTEL offers as a dedicated "sniper" scope is this 5-15x one
View attachment 11208
If you wish then I can also compare this to a contemporary sniper scope like a Schmidt & Bender 10-60x-56mm.
D

Damm its embarrassing we don't have any worth mounting on sig716
No don't bother comparing optel one with other i kind of doesn't exept much good results for optel
Should’ve bought the Sig LPVOs with the rifle itself but again who cares

the Browning Hi Power is a perfectly adequate 9mm pistol. Its never used by regular infantry anyway, and the guys who use pistols regularly (SF) already have Glocks.
Maafi Sir, maafi... :cry:
Because we don't issue pistols to infantry like other militaries where everyone gets a sidearm. We only issue pistols to officers, vehicle crews or Tier-1/2 operators.

Vehicle crews and officers know that they won't be using their sidearm anywhere except weapons qualification tests so they don't care much. As for Tier-1/2 operators who are actually going to use a pistol in combat, they've pretty much standardized either PX4s or Glocks.

the Browning Hi Power is a perfectly adequate 9mm pistol. Its never used by regular infantry anyway, and the guys who use pistols regularly (SF) already have Glocks.
I guess some token orders have to be given to keep the erstwhile OFB boys occupied I guess, though I would've preferred if Private players were invited to at the very least create competition to reduce cost of acquisition. We unfortunately do not live in an ideal world.

That is so fukin clean
left-SAKO TRG 42
right-SIG 716i
1728124902563.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back