Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

It ain't LPVO, what you sometimes see on SIG-716i is just a simple fixed magnification 4x scope.

It's more like a VLPFO.
View attachment 11206
Wanna see something funny (depression to be honest)?
Let's compare this, boldly written 2021 scope to an old 60s Soviet PSO-1 scope.
Magnification: 4x
Field of view: 6°
Transmission: -
Eye clearance: 68mm
Exit pupil: 6mm
Weight: 497g

What OPTEL offers as a dedicated "sniper" scope is this 5-15x one
View attachment 11208
If you wish then I can also compare this to a contemporary sniper scope like a Schmidt & Bender 10-60x-56mm.
D

Damm its embarrassing we don't have any worth mounting on sig716
No don't bother comparing optel one with other i kind of doesn't exept much good results for optel
Should’ve bought the Sig LPVOs with the rifle itself but again who cares

the Browning Hi Power is a perfectly adequate 9mm pistol. Its never used by regular infantry anyway, and the guys who use pistols regularly (SF) already have Glocks.
Maafi Sir, maafi... :cry:
Because we don't issue pistols to infantry like other militaries where everyone gets a sidearm. We only issue pistols to officers, vehicle crews or Tier-1/2 operators.

Vehicle crews and officers know that they won't be using their sidearm anywhere except weapons qualification tests so they don't care much. As for Tier-1/2 operators who are actually going to use a pistol in combat, they've pretty much standardized either PX4s or Glocks.

the Browning Hi Power is a perfectly adequate 9mm pistol. Its never used by regular infantry anyway, and the guys who use pistols regularly (SF) already have Glocks.
I guess some token orders have to be given to keep the erstwhile OFB boys occupied I guess, though I would've preferred if Private players were invited to at the very least create competition to reduce cost of acquisition. We unfortunately do not live in an ideal world.

Why so much hate for this simple, cheap & reliable pistol ?
Didn’t expect such a naive answer from you bhai.

But if we are going towards “cheap and reliable” lemme give my side of arguments why modern 9mm pistols are better than OFB’s 9mm.

1.Modern Pistols are lighter and have better ergonomics which prioritises user comfort and control through better grip design,better weight distribution which makes it a good sidearm.

2.Modern pistols have a refined barrel design and sights which increases accuracy and ease of using the weapon.

3.Modern Pistols come with accessory rails,better trigger safeties

4. They are also easier to equipped with sights and other accessories.

5. And at last about “reliable” we all know the world class quality weapons OFB makes with zero issues:). /s

Why so much hate for this simple, cheap & reliable pistol ?
I don't know, I was just laughing at the sheer bad luck of @Mr.Evil
Poor guy just wanted some modern pistol to replace Auto 1A...fast forward mere 20 hours and Army orders 3000 more of these.

Over-all it's a decent pistol and nothing's wrong with not fixing what ain't broken; anyone on the planet earth not using a DShK/NSV/XYZ-123 is still using the same M2 designed in 1918 and modified 1911s are still the most high-end guns in competitions.

But the fact that you can easily shave 400g, get 5 more round, picatinny rail, sight mounting option, threaded barrel in the same price range by switching to a modern polymer framed pistol is what makes this acquisition bit disappointing.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back