Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

They have better camo for sure. But are gun optics so well disemminated among troops or is it just for photo ops?
Well it's not that straightforward

> Of the 2.5M total, most of the PLA troops are conscript/reservist/garrison troop or whatever weird designation they use. They get the good ol' QBZ-95 with just irons.

> Then come a small chunk of these who are either issued sights based on things like seniority/specialized role or they simply buy aftermarket sights.

> And lastly we've the front line troops. These guys are currently small in numbers but have seen some MARCOS level transformation over the years.
IMG_20241025_121812.jpg
And sights are also being standard issued to these troops
IMG_20241025_121804.jpg
As a rule of thumb, if a PLA soldier is in Type-21 kit (above pic) and has anything from the new family of small arms (QBZ-191/192, QBU-191, QJB-201) then he would be having a sight with him.

View: https://x.com/ChinarcorpsIA/status/1849472244483043502

Yo! Guys does this look like an Indian soldier. No, because It's not. For a sec, I was confused, sus. When did army got these new equipments. But the RPK gun cleared it all.

Now, even official handles are putting pics of foreign army as Indian ones. Truly a ViSHwaGUrU moment. Am very proud. This the modernization we all want.

1729840194100.jpeg

People keep kanging over how Sig 716i is being handled in IA. IA wanted a modern SLR and they are treating it as one. They don't see Sig 716i the way forum members here see it.

Mag gripping is the way IA infantry soliders handle guns with high recoil like that in long stroke gas piston guns used in CI/CT by IA.

Everyone understands there is a long way to go but almost all threads are filled with pages upon pages of members cribbing about everything.

View: https://x.com/ChinarcorpsIA/status/1849472244483043502

Yo! Guys does this look like an Indian soldier. No, because It's not. For a sec, I was confused, sus. When did army got these new equipments. But the RPK gun cleared it all.

Now, even official handles are putting pics of foreign army as Indian ones. Truly a ViSHwaGUrU moment. Am very proud. This the modernization we all want.

View attachment 13226

Had they had so much aptitude to know which weapon is what do you think we would be where we are today?

We claim to be best in the world for mountain warfare and our Army has no idea about Optics.

Well it's not that straightforward

> Of the 2.5M total, most of the PLA troops are conscript/reservist/garrison troop or whatever weird designation they use. They get the good ol' QBZ-95 with just irons.

> Then come a small chunk of these who are either issued sights based on things like seniority/specialized role or they simply buy aftermarket sights.

> And lastly we've the front line troops. These guys are currently small in numbers but have seen some MARCOS level transformation over the years.
View attachment 13223
And sights are also being standard issued to these troops
View attachment 13224
As a rule of thumb, if a PLA soldier is in Type-21 kit (above pic) and has anything from the new family of small arms (QBZ-191/192, QBU-191, QJB-201) then he would be having a sight with him.
Thanks, i have been seeing pictures of Chinese gun telescopes, dune buggies, segways since y2k decade. I guessed they first concentrated getting mechanized asap. Maybe thats the reason infantry are the last ones to see transformation ?

OT: Damn the camo merges so well in last pic. Our uniform camo look so adhoc. Army could generate huge employment and better camo by having uniform manufacturing located near each theatre which juts out camo local to area.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back