CI/CT Operations

lol
earlier in DFI we used to debate on how 'we have but we dont use it' is dumb and not true, because we dont have that gear
now that we have it, we still dont use it. We're jackasses of the first order. The MQ9 can be used for offensive as well as recce roles. I wonder what we're up to

The current MQ9s we have (on lease) is dedicated to Naval operations, and are not armed. Still, they are occasionally requested for sortie on northern borders, but again, very occasional.

If they are not supplying night fighting gears and drones then soldiers must use ancient way and keep egles amd owls as pets for surveillance at night
Or start eating lots of carrots

The current MQ9s we have (on lease) is dedicated to Naval operations, and are not armed. Still, they are occasionally requested for sortie on northern borders, but again, very occasional.
Pretty shameless imo
Relying on drones leased by navy for your use when you have always had the upper hand in procurement .. just shows their lacklusterness and refusal to adapt and adopt ..... but yeah let's buy golf carts and disguise them in the name of alignment vehicles under emergency procurement

You know one of the best SAR radars mounted on an ideal platform for such operations, and armed to teeth to take care of terrorists infiltrating ?

MQ-9_Reaper_UAV_%28cropped%29.jpg

But nooooo, Armed Forces is corrupt bro, why do we need MQ9 when we have shuper-duper Tapas which can hardly carry a camera ? Vro you are not supporting indigenization, so what Tapas is not ready in 30 years, we must wait till we are able to make it fly without crashing. So what our Armed forces jawans are dying everyday, what is more important is we make it in India from scratch (otherwise it will be called screwdrivergiri) and I can post it on twitter how proud I am of Indian innovation.
Pardon the language but.Kuch bhi.. bakwas
Tapas ko kyu dosh de rahe ho.
Army ne hi bola tha na ki humko sasta piston engine wala chahiye?? Deshi product pe kharch karne me inka baap mar jata hai kya.
Army Jurnails ne bola ki hum 10x price me, 100M$ me deshi drone lenge lekin turboprop wala heavy banake ke do.

Without offensive action in PoK we'll keep suffering casualties as usual. I wonder if losing so many of our soldiers is worth it for this wretched piece of land ? Heads must roll for incompetence!

KIA yet again... not a single day goes without bad news.. first spadex bhai got suspended and now this

Few days back Indian army inducted Nagastra 1 drone , for real time trials they can be tested for CI/CT operations or not?

In Short

• Nagastra-1 has GPS-enabled precision strikes with accuracy up to 2 metres
  • Developed by Solar Industries and first batch of 120 units have been delivered
  • Indigenous drone Equipped with day/night cameras, 1 kg explosive warhead

The brutal reality of the ground is that Indian and Kashmiri militants have been fighting on equal footing gearwise since 1989, with the indian military having only a slight edge in equipment. Other than higher quality russian thermobaric launchers, the kashmiri insurgent and indian soldier have been similar in terms of gear and weaponry. Actually many times indian military would use captured insurgent weapons. What allowed the indian army to inflict a 5:1 kd ratio and eliminate large amounts of insurgents is humint and planning.

However, the paradigm seems to have shifted with the kashmir insurgent having better gear than the indian soldier, rifle wise and more night fighting capabilities. This is a complete shame on the procurement process. How many soldiers need to die for them to realize that NVG is the most important.

The brutal reality of the ground is that Indian and Kashmiri militants have been fighting on equal footing gearwise since 1989, with the indian military having only a slight edge in equipment. Other than higher quality russian thermobaric launchers, the kashmiri insurgent and indian soldier have been similar in terms of gear and weaponry. Actually many times indian military would use captured insurgent weapons. What allowed the indian army to inflict a 5:1 kd ratio and eliminate large amounts of insurgents is humint and planning.

However, the paradigm seems to have shifted with the kashmir insurgent having better gear than the indian soldier, rifle wise and more night fighting capabilities. This is a complete shame on the procurement process. How many soldiers need to die for them to realize that NVG is the most important.
And now on top of it defence budget is reduced
.God only knows what this government is planning

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back