CI/CT Operations

Fake news. It was an accident, verified by Kashmiri locals. No explosion took place.

Now VDGs will be legitimate targets for militants to snatch weapons. Also some VDGs might turn rogue and join the militants. Giving civilians powerful weapons isn't all happy story.

Routine. Nothing to get excited about.
If you remember there was a phase when Kashmir police were legitimate targets for weapons snatching as well.. and some Kashmiri policemen did join militant rank.. Hard core terrorists wouldn't be after VDG weapons.. it's more often the youthiyas who dream of joining militancy..
The risk can be taken in stride.. Atleast now, the VDGs are a little better equipped and have a fighting chance. GOI would have considered the pros and cons..

Fake news. It was an accident, verified by Kashmiri locals. No explosion took place.

Now VDGs will be legitimate targets for militants to snatch weapons. Also some VDGs might turn rogue and join the militants. Giving civilians powerful weapons isn't all happy story.

Routine. Nothing to get excited about.
If the government is being smart about it (not recruiting people from certain communities and also letting non native locals join), the risk of a flip will be laughable. Snatching has always been a risk as it is for all units and services.

did you see Col Shivender Pratap's video of PC set-up from yesterday ?

Yes, he pointed out very minute things. Such kind of small mistakes can lead to a causality. I hope these things will be noticed and rectified. You can't roam exposing yourself. Also, what to carry what not to carry and how to carry was clearly explained with three priorities during the operation.

Whenever they mention this so called falcon squad that’s a fake news
the reason they come up first with PAFF. TRF etc and then with Falcon Squad and the like is....because they want to show that alot of resistance groups have formed in Kashmir and on the will of it's own people. This is the image they want to put in. So yes it's fake news but understand the motive. They're all still the same - HM, JeM & LeT.

the reason they come up first with PAFF. TRF etc and then with Falcon Squad and the like is....because they want to show that alot of resistance groups have formed in Kashmir and on the will of it's own people. This is the image they want to put in. So yes it's fake news but understand the motive. They're all still the same - HM, JeM & LeT.
Ik it’s all on the internet , one more reason for this is because Pakistan doesn’t want consequences which they got when LeT &JeM use to operate under their names.

. I have no doubt that IA drills are good and we are a battle hardened force however things need to be sorted out on ground.
You are contradicting yourself. If IA drills were good, they would never wear white socks, carry blue and red school bags, bright adidas jackets , orange fibre insas or Aks..etc ..As the good Colonel pointed out, this is a huge lacuna in IAs chalta hai attitude and training which IMO is based on WW2 era wars and out of touch with today's COIN and CQB wars
Folks in dfi were shouting since 2021 for providing slr and insas to vdg
I sincerely hope powerful weapons are given only after careful vetting of the local population. Actually I wish local sullas are not given weapons but only Dharmic people be given weapons

"Important is training, equipment and readiness" yes...did you see Col Shivender Pratap's video of PC set-up from yesterday ? He also mentioned that in one of the recent videos he saw a jawan wearing white socks which made him been seen at night too. Such things need to be avoided he mentioned. It's about complacency in my opinion. I have no doubt that IA drills are good and we are a battle hardened force however things need to be sorted out on ground.

Brother you can’t change something that you don’t have any knowledge about most of the troops don’t give two fucks about personal equipment and maintaining it I saw one comment under Col Shivender’s short where he was explaining about how he set up and maintain his personal equipment on YouTube which said “Humne bhi 12 saal naukri kri hai hume toh nhi jarurat padi inn sab cheezo ki”

All this stuff that Col.said should be taught in training but who cares they don’t modernise the way they train no Plate carriers while training no modern helmets,NVG’s,Rifle with optics that is supposed to be standard these are basic shit that we have not figured out yet and we talk about tech absorption
1722391482757.jpeg
Watch this video and see about us army basic combat training they wear the equipment they will use from the start so they get comfortable with

View: https://youtu.be/Ixv6PklywOM?si=58yme0Chgx2Xp1EI
Timestamp-3:05

I was litteraly making fun of this post, nothing else. In my opinion, as our news channels called out that 500 Para SF guys are there in Jammu region so the Pakis might have wanted to add their own numbers out of thin air that they have 600 of their Special forces too. It's nothing but Psyops. And this post was mentioned before once, rest I agree with what you're saying boss.

"Important is training, equipment and readiness" yes...did you see Col Shivender Pratap's video of PC set-up from yesterday ? He also mentioned that in one of the recent videos he saw a jawan wearing white socks which made him been seen at night too. Such things need to be avoided he mentioned. It's about complacency in my opinion. I have no doubt that IA drills are good and we are a battle hardened force however things need to be sorted out on ground.
Having 500 PSF operators in jammu region isn't something to boast about.. especially when most of them would be indistinguishable from an avg RR soldier except their tavors and sometimes HCBHs and better shoes... anyways the number alone is absurd for their mandate.. it's not a ghatak infantry.. special forces should lead ops not send their half of battalion worth of troops.. barely 5-6 Ukrainian SOF guys lead the Mali rebels and ambushed fucking 80+ wagners based on superior Intel and training provided by them to rebels... this.. this is how you use your tip of spear force

You are contradicting yourself. If IA drills were good, they would never wear white socks, carry blue and red school bags, bright adidas jackets , orange fibre insas or Aks..etc ..As the good Colonel pointed out, this is a huge lacuna in IAs chalta hai attitude and training which IMO is based on WW2 era wars and out of touch with today's COIN and CQB wars
Yes...so I am not contradicting myself because I said that we are complacent. Complacency kills
There are always examples of people taking shortcuts and directing themselves away from their SOPs because of complacency. This 'Chalta Hai attitude' means complacency only. When I say their drills are good what i mean is that they know how to fight in valley, if the drills and SOPs it was that was the issue, then even Col Shivender would not have pointed out the obvious. Matlab kya arugument de rahe ho bhai thora socho toh sahi c'mon

Brother you can’t change something that you don’t have any knowledge about most of the troops don’t give two fucks about personal equipment and maintaining it I saw one comment under Col Shivender’s short where he was explaining about how he set up and maintain his personal equipment on YouTube which said “Humne bhi 12 saal naukri kri hai hume toh nhi jarurat padi inn sab cheezo ki”

All this stuff that Col.said should be taught in training but who cares they don’t modernise the way they train no Plate carriers while training no modern helmets,NVG’s,Rifle with optics that is supposed to be standard these are basic shit that we have not figured out yet and we talk about tech absorption
View attachment 4753
Watch this video and see about us army basic combat training they wear the equipment they will use from the start so they get comfortable with

View: https://youtu.be/Ixv6PklywOM?si=58yme0Chgx2Xp1EI
Timestamp-3:05

They dont mordernize, they dont do this, chalta hai attititude all of this is carelessness (if the word complacency sounds too cliche now). That is exactly what I said. Why is it that some units under good leadership show us that they can master the basics. This is because those leaders do not have the attitude that 'koi na dekhi jayegi'. In most of cases however, you mostly see the top commanders show a sense of calm satisfaction or safety, often without recognizing an underlying threat or issue. That by defination is complacency. The crux is not bad SOPs, bad leadership. But do I say that it's all black and white and our SOPs are the best? no! Learnt o understand the difference.

Having 500 PSF operators in jammu region isn't something to boast about.. especially when most of them would be indistinguishable from an avg RR soldier except their tavors and sometimes HCBHs and better shoes... anyways the number alone is absurd for their mandate.. it's not a ghatak infantry.. special forces should lead ops not send their half of battalion worth of troops.. barely 5-6 Ukrainian SOF guys lead the Mali rebels and ambushed fucking 80+ wagners based on superior Intel and training provided by them to rebels... this.. this is how you use your tip of spear force
Exactly. They are using SF as a super infantry, but many people here do boast about this. They feel good to know that so many highly trained soilders are fighting the terrorists. That unfortunately is the layman's thinking here. This 600 SSG news also came for them only. Also I am not suprized SF our being used this way...why? Because they converted the entire Parachute regiment into SF. Is this stupid ? Yes it is. Russians are loosing guys because of the same thing

This is great step taken by GOI and army leadership. Providing proper weapon and reasonable quantity of ammunition to hold on and defend till security forces reach at the site.
It is quiet heartening to learn that women and girls are also being trained. IMO females have better threat perception & gut feeling , if they could show courage at the time of contingency, it will be good deterrence.
That pic of women shooting is atleast 10 if not 15 years old.

I sincerely hope powerful weapons are given only after careful vetting of the local population. Actually I wish local sullas are not given weapons but only Dharmic people be given weapons
You are very correct.

Yesterday i was chatting with a SF officer who was repeatedly saying we are a WW2 airborne force(para sf).

There is some mixed reviews regarding our drills , it all depends upon the unit their trainers experience etc etc .
I have seen some forward deployed troops display beautiful fire and maneuver drills.
Some rr units are great in urban warfare and cqb . Some units trained in cijws work good in jungles of J&K .

The thing is the basic training given to these soldiers are very generic , in no way are these soldiers capable of handling tricky situations like CI/CT . for that they need to be sent to get trained in urban warfare like rr or for jungle CI/CT ops from CIJWS only then will they be effective.
If you deploy units not trained in Jungle warfare its natural they will make mistakes like these and result in casualties .

I want to ask the Generals of Indian Army why they are not bringing in the T90 tanks they keep buying or the golf carts to eliminate the terrorists of PaFF.

We never bothered to buy armoured cars in enough numbers in last 20 years.

We didnt bother to spend on training.

We didn't bother to spend on infantry.

Now..we want infantry to die and save it?

Please bring the extra tanks you ordered.

Last edited:
I want to ask the Generals of Indian Army why they are not bringing in the T90 tanks they keep buying or the golf carts to eliminate the terrorists of PaFF.

We never bothered to buy armoured cars in enough numbers in last 20 years.

We didnt bother to spend on training.

We didn't bother to spend on infantry.

Now..we want infantry to die and save it?

Please being the extra tanks you ordered.
Now that we think about it bc paisa jaa kha rha hai basic hum provide kr nhi paa rhe wtf are we even doing?

There is some mixed reviews regarding our drills , it all depends upon the unit their trainers experience etc etc .
I have seen some forward deployed troops display beautiful fire and maneuver drills.
Some rr units are great in urban warfare and cqb . Some units trained in cijws work good in jungles of J&K .

The thing is the basic training given to these soldiers are very generic , in no way are these soldiers capable of handling tricky situations like CI/CT . for that they need to be sent to get trained in urban warfare like rr or for jungle CI/CT ops from CIJWS only then will they be effective.
If you deploy units not trained in Jungle warfare its natural they will make mistakes like these and result in casualties .
All units are trained in CBS before being sent to JK.

Their drills are not good..Maybe you are considering them to be good when they are not.

And lets disagree respectfully also but how will you defend the casualties in last 2 years?

All the RR does is..

100X the manpower over the adversary

Cordon

RL or flame throw

I challenged anyone to show me a beautiful room intervention drill and neutralising terrorists without own casualties.

Operation starts are first light and ends at last light.

Whereas foreign armies wait for last light to strike where they have clear advantage.

This is not 1947 buddy that the drills are good..this is an era of NVG and TI.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back