India at Olympics

A small city where I live has 5 Olympic-sized swimming pools with minimum pay entry. 9 cricket grounds, 5 have bowling nets. Two public hockey turfs (free if not in use) with a practise turfs, not to mention many schools have their own turfs open for the public if they book in advance for some fee. The list goes on and on.
Small country like Netherlands has more almost-free-to-use Astroturf for hockey than total number of proper cricket stadiums in India!

Here, in urban areas it is almost impossible to find just an open field to play football/cricket and the few that are open are overcrowded with kids trying to play . Heck some of these fields are used by 2 or more schools for morning assembly since these schools don't even have their own field .
Only options are paid slots in private sports clubs far from home. When most kids exposure to sports is gully cricket or gully badminton it is very easy to see why we suck at sports and atheletics.
Plus there is a bad habit of Indians to turn a Park where kids can play into a park where adults can road around. They do this by building a raised walking track around the circumference of the park with few cross joints.

I place I lived in Noida had 5 parks - 4 big enough to play cricket, football, karate classes, etc. By mid of 2000s and these 4 were turned into Walking parks only. 1 remaining one was small and not of any use.

We would then go to nearby sectors or the free space between sectors.

There was a documentary on Netflix where Two athlete were chosen - one was given plant based diet and other meat based. Plant based one had better performance surprising the athlete himself.
Thats an extremely small sample set for coming to any conclusion!

You won't find an open field in most of the city, such is the state.
I wonder how high density country Like Japan and Korea do it.
They don't win in real outdoor games. Shooting, archery, judo dominance get them decent medals without involving into those which require massive grounds.

Most members here can't even run 100m and giving advises as if they are some first class athlete coach. No one one knows a shit about diet and technique.

The earlier we come out of this "chene are smaller" stuff; is better for us.

Shandong in China is the tallest district in whole Asia (including Asian part of Russia and Central Asia).

Go to any tier2 and 3 cities in China and Korea and you will see close to 5'10" girls and boys above 6' quite easily.
eh, i think i wrote that line in just pure frustration, i was trying to call out stupidity of some of our countrymen who think our woes in sports can has a single simple solution.

Thats an extremely small sample set for coming to any conclusion!
Not really. ONe thing you should consider - when West says Vegan diet it means Vegan and no Dairy based products. In our traditional vegetarian diet - Lot of Dairy, is consumed.

here is one such study done with 22 athletes over 3-4 week period:

This aggression is what you need. The revenge instincts. Pakistani ka record todne ke liye ab yeh banda kuch bhi kar jayega. He will hit 93+ in coming games. His body is fit to do that only the perfect angle and applied force need to be in good combination.
Fit nai hai
He had injury , and required a major surgery.
He said that to mahamanav himself during a phone call
Mahamanav asked him " apki injury ka kya karein bhai ?"
Heck he admitted he was skipping events so as not to injure himself in any goddamn manner.

Small country like Netherlands has more almost-free-to-use Astroturf for hockey than total number of proper cricket stadiums in India!
Tbf there is a solution.
Multi storey sports center.
Have parking in basement, gym and utilities on first floor.
Second floor will be indoor sports lie TT, Fencing Taekwando, boxing on the roof we can have Badminton, Tennis etc.

We have to use evey inch of land wisely.

To give you a perspective.

Screenshot_20240809_193358_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_193343_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_193312_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_193230_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_193215_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_193132_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_193104_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_193033_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_192949_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20240809_192937_Maps.jpg

Adelaide Australia.
1.5 million population.

130 badminton courts 3 multisport stadiums

15 cricket ground.

4 baseball ground

8 hockey ground.

10 football ground

over 50 fields.

Did not count the swimming stadiums, basketballs courts, parks, indoor gymnasium.

Tbf there is a solution.
Second floor will be indoor sports lie TT, Fencing Taekwando, boxing on the roof we can have Badminton, Tennis etc.

View attachment 5916View attachment 5917View attachment 5918View attachment 5919View attachment 5920View attachment 5921View attachment 5922View attachment 5923View attachment 5924View attachment 5925

Adelaide Australia.
1.5 million population.

15 cricket ground.

4 baseball ground

8 hockey ground.

10 football ground

over 50 fields.

Did not count the swimming stadiums, basketballs courts, parks, indoor gymnasium.
I can proudly say that by living in Navi Mumbai .
There is a maidaan, more tham 1
My colony has 3 grounds , dirt ground but still they are there .
For more professional things there is a big Gymkhana , which has many facilities.
There are badminton classes in my school grounds , open to all.
I mean they teach everybody .
There is squash also.
But being a person of no particular inclination to play any sports , at all .
My view of what is adequate and what is not might be very very severely distorted.

Tbf there is a solution.

View attachment 5916View attachment 5917View attachment 5918View attachment 5919View attachment 5920View attachment 5921View attachment 5922View attachment 5923View attachment 5924View attachment 5925

Adelaide Australia.
1.5 million population.

15 cricket ground.

4 baseball ground

8 hockey ground.

10 football ground

over 50 fields.

Sports is a leisure thing .
Many times even if you have the talent, do play well
Parents won't support you .
Seen this happening many many times .
Felt bad for those friends

how will olympics play out in LA28?

muricans will have home advantage, and chini if they participate will be itching to teach "the west" a lesson in their own backyard.

outside of these two, what will be left for others at podiums?

"If you ask generally of having two silver medals in one category then my answer is NO. There are the regulations of the International Federation that have to be followed and the International Federation, United World Wrestling was taking this decision...Looking at the federation or everybody who has to make such a decision then when and where do you make the cut? Do you say with 100 grams we give it, but with 102 grams we don't give it anymore?... Now it's in CAS, we will in the end follow the CAS decision. But again, the International Federation, they have to apply and interpret their rules. So this is their responsibility."

View: https://x.com/ANI/status/1821919648889057631

I can proudly say that by living in Navi Mumbai .
There is a maidaan, more tham 1
My colony has 3 grounds , dirt ground but still they are there .
For more professional things there is a big Gymkhana , which has many facilities.
There are badminton classes in my school grounds , open to all.
I mean they teach everybody .
There is squash also.
But being a person of no particular inclination to play any sports , at all .
My view of what is adequate and what is not might be very very severely distorted.
Brother .. protect those grounds .
Our dehatis love to dump trash and do kabza on any empty space . Or as @SKC said be taken over for govmint things like schools or for walking track parks .
Navi Mumbai is a green field development you guys gotta do better than the old cities .

View attachment 5841

Not letting Vegans down but the above list seems to be mostly women, the rest men got no muscles. Funny is that 1 guy is a Car racer! No power/strength loving man/woman might be motivated with such examples. I read some examples of people claiming to be Vegan and into Power sports but at least none in this list. :lol:

Would like to see someone who has been a Vegan for a long time & packed muscles & into serious strength/power based sports. Not questioning Vegetarians specially in Indian terms who are mostly Lacto Vegetarians ie. Dairy products and even Ovo Lacto Vegetarians. Lacto Veg diet can give quite some power/muscles but just relying on plant based diet is not a very good idea unless until there is some solid reason.

Also this "Vegan" is more of a fashion and extreme side where a significant % of Vegan converts were actually overweight or had many medical conditions and Vegan diet helped them losing weight + health benefits specially in the West.

There was a documentary on Netflix where Two athlete were chosen - one was given plant based diet and other meat based. Plant based one had better performance surprising the athlete himself.

Any links? Would like to see the sample size and the kind of sports they were into and for how long. Also their general medical history and genetics. Also what protein type they had.

% of Indians eat meat.
That population is more than 70 countries combined.
Why are those meat-eater Indians not winning the medal for us?
In any case, I bet 90% of the Indian contingent is non-vegetarian.
So this is just a fallacy of high-end.
Indians are bad at being non vegetarian too
It's not a fallacy it's the reality

Reactions: SKC
The earlier we come out of this "chene are smaller" stuff; is better for us.

Shandong in China is the tallest district in whole Asia (including Asian part of Russia and Central Asia).

Go to any tier2 and 3 cities in China and Korea and you will see close to 5'10" girls and boys above 6' quite easily.

As far as I know a majority of "giants" get surgery to increase height. If you look closely their body is out of proportion.

All those kanging about meat eating and genes should know that 5ft 5in east Asians throw all muscular arab momins Outta water in sports. Performance comes down to 2 things training and mindset. What many people don't know that most western and even relatively poor country have robust sport infra in their schools, that allows people there to train from ages like 9-10 and be invested in it, now compare that to our shit school system where in the name of physical activity who either have just running like idiot for 5mins in a circle or Playing dumb outdoor games, hell atleast like 10 years ago we used to play kabaddi or light kusthi, both boys and girls used to play these. Nowadays in the name of study barely any school has freetime for sports, even those that have it on paper usually give to some teacher cuz they have to "complete the syllabus". This is not how you make athletes, no matter how much you spend in advanced levels without a robust primary and middle level infra all of that is just useless. Most of our athletes pickup their sports when they're like 14-15 years of age, by this point only a pure genius can give you consistent good performance. Even then training is dogshit outside really top academies and we still don't have good sports doctors.

People whining about budget and diet should know that real problem is in lower levels, from which those who make it to higher levels are already quite mediocre compared to their competitors worldwide, after that no amount of training or meat is gonna make them turn into record breakers.

There are some steps we take rn to improve out situation first of it would be to have mandatory 3 hours of pt atleast 2 days out of 6 school days in all school,no expections and there should be strict policy that these hours can't be used for anything else. Second we need more sports centres in rural semi-urb areas , they don't have to be world-class just make them function even that would be a massive improvement, we can implement sports based quota in unis like yanks do but I'm a bit on the fence about this. Our general shit performance in sports doesn't have a single Silver bullet solution as many would like to think. Eating more meat and allocating a gorillion rupee will not suddenly give us 100 golds in Olympics, the issue is multi-layers and structural.
We are talking about diet; but has anyone mentioned pollution and air quality?

In order to be athletic, you need to be able to breathe properly and not have any respiratory diseases.

Breathing is how you burn fat. If the air quality is poor, you don’t breathe well causing lack of stamina, athletic performance. Your lungs are literally handicapped because you are constantly coughing or have phlegm from the pollution.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back