India at Olympics

This is why I deleted my post..... just too hurtful

worst of all India's which currently stands at 69 could fall even further behind, beyond 71 will make it India's worst Olympics since the 1996 Atlanta games. Not to mention the first time in three decades that India will be ranked lower than Pakistan.

But somehow this will still be celebrated and presented as a victory against all odds.

As I mentioned yesterday, I feared India would fall as low as rank 71. Well, it has fallen to rank 71

So officially,Paris 2024 is the biggest disaster since 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

One funny thing I observed is that Ireland has won only 7 medals which is just 1 above India's 6,
but the former is ranked 19th and the latter is ranked 71st. This clearly shows that in Olympics,the only thing that matters is gold.

Last edited:
have you seen the chinki olympic battalion? Even their girls are 1.70m and above. No idea where this east asians being short meme came to be. It is the opposite. they are much taller than the average indian. Average male height in north china is close to 1.8m, almost western europe levels. Koreans are very tall as well. Very few parts of india has such average height. Among girls this is much more stark. Veg high protein diet is a very real thing. In india almost every state has severe protein deficiency and childhood stunting. This is what we should actually be first targetting.
Chinks were actually quite short during Mao's era. The stereotype was actually true. But since one child policy started, they've practised eugenics, and as such the quality of population has vastly improved (most physically and mentally). Very soon, they'll reach western Europe level height and IQ.

In India, we're least concerned with improving our quality (in fact we're decreasing it with all the reservations).

$200k Gold
$100k Silver
$50k Bronze

No mention of any job, plot or any other l**da lehsun

Just focus on your sport, win medal, enjoy money, repeat

$200k Gold
$100k Silver
$50k Bronze

No mention of any job, plot or any other l**da lehsun

Just focus on your sport, win medal, enjoy money, repeat
Ya'll because all of them are already employed at the Uzbek State University of physical education and sports. They don't have to care about jobs, because their positions are fixed and no work other than just practice and training unlike the Indian Railways where you have to do your regular job and also training.

Last edited:
Only in a country like ours is mediocrity celebrated.
1723433508192.png

In 1996, Great Britain won only 1 gold medal(15 medals in total). The results were so shocking and embarrassing that the government completely overhauled the sporting bodies and began investing heavily in them. Since 2004, they have never won less than 10 gold medals.Compare that to India where we are celebrating winning six medals as second best haul.

Last edited:
Uzbekistan came in 13th with 8 gold medals. There GDP per capita is same as ours.
Even tho they have lots of open space they have won mostly indoor martial arts sports.

They have better sports culture better talent pool and definitely better recruiters.

I think as a nation we are choking at the recruitment part.

Even tho they have lots of open space they have won mostly indoor martial arts sports.

They have better sports culture better talent pool and definitely better recruiters.

I think as a nation we are choking at the recruitment part.
Benefitting also from investment during USSR days who saw success in sports as being synonymous with national pride. One cannot judge some of these commie - former or current - nations with India, except perhaps Vietnam who are even worse than us.

View attachment 6180

In 1996, Great Britain won only 1 gold medal(15 medals in total). The results were so shocking and embarrassing that the government completely overhauled the sporting bodies and began investing heavily in them. Since 2004, they have never won less than 10 gold medals.Compare that to India where we are celebrating winning six medals as second best haul.
The truth is that the average dehati in this country don't care about Olympic performance (or even know what Olympics is). And govt has no intention of bringing a revolution in sports here, they're happy with autopilot.

Also, when will be the host city for 2036 be declared?

View attachment 6180

how do brits fund their olympics campaign?

Okay, so this too ended.
Let's wait for another four years, I know nothing will change though.

Some theatrics in cricket might happen but who knows we might choke there too.

Every four years, it's like a hall of shame, and the Indian government doesn't do anything about it.
First they control sports boards and when people ask for results they give stupid excuses, like how the hell AIFF is still allowed to function? I am still unable to understand, just as one need a central football board in every nation so India too have that board named AIFF.

If government is not interested then give it to someone else who considers sports like a war there will be many, the jokers with permanent jobs just are not enough for this job, Central government and state governments say they are too busy running government and elections, then why the hell are you in sports controlling boards?

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Sport received a total funding package of £221m for the Tokyo 2020 Games cycle
glanced over at the surface.
interesting system .. funded both by gormint and public themselves ( national lottery).

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 1.14.04 PM.png

https://www.uksport.gov.uk/resources/transparency-and-open-data

mods, @SKC table issue i had raised is to not yet sorted.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back