Indian Special Forces

A king that leads the vanguard truly a class apart.
Peope Like these should have been defence ministers.
Some 7 decades later we still have no people from the forces as defence minister.
Perhaps the fear of coup resides in the both sections of political spectrum.
Kings were much much much better than any politician India has ever produced.

Everyone is corrupt in democracy.

Kings were much much much better than any politician India has ever produced.

Everyone is corrupt in democracy.
At least kings had their skin in the game , loosing a war would mean death for them and their family.
Politicians on the other hand gobble money and bounce if things get even a little ugly.

At least kings had their skin in the game , loosing a war would mean death for them and their family.
Politicians on the other hand gobble money and bounce if things get even a little ugly.
Moreover one kings family cant loot a lot…look at India being plundered by every chutia party of the country.

Yhi kar rkha hai 2017-18 ke baad se. Jis kaam ke liye Ghatak Platoons bnai thi woh kaam Para ko dediya hai
GoI/MoD isn't really bold enough to undertake an op on the lines of NATO countries where we enter deep into enemy territory to take down a HVT or rescue a critical asset. Our so called "surgical strikes" which GoI gloats about for instance are no different to the BAT raids but PA/SSG/ISI have been doing since decades. We don't have it in us to take the fight to them, use our SOF units to constantly engage and take down terrorist hubs and training camps along the LoC which'll instill fear

MARCOS are the closest to what a modern day SOF unit is but their exposure to active conflict is limited. They're still trying their best by deploying in every pirate op they can get their hands on. I'm sure IA is way too egoistic to involve MARCOS in CI/CT ops while Garuds oth don't even know what their mandate is

The only active encounters we have are in Kashmir and NE...and I feel it's ok to deploy Para SF in ops where we actually need to hunt em down in the deep jungles while terrorists holed up in a house or any urban building should be taken care of by RR & JKP SOG to ensure they're constantly exposed and acclimated to active conflict instead of being underused like Chinese SOF where most operators might not see any real engagements in their tenure. On a similar note, Turks constantly use their Army and Navy SOF on a regular basis to deal with the Kurds and other adversaries in the region

Last edited:
GoI/MoD isn't really bold enough to undertake an op on the lines of NATO countries where we enter deep into enemy territory to take down a HVT or rescue a critical asset. Our so called "surgical strikes" which GoI gloats about for instance are no different to the BAT raids but PA/SSG/ISI has been doing the same since decades. We don't have it in us to take the fight to them, use our SOF units to constantly engage and take down terrorist hubs and training camps along the LoC which'll instill fear

MARCOS are the closest to what a modern day SOF unit is but their exposure to active conflict is limited. They're still trying their best by deploying in every pirate op they can get their hands on. I'm sure IA is way too egoistic to involve MARCOS in CI/CT ops while Garuds oth don't even know what their mandate is

The only active encounters we have are in Kashmir and NE...and I feel it's ok to deploy Para SF in ops where we actually need to hunt em down in the deep jungles while terrorists holed up in a house or any urban building should be taken care of by RR & JKP SOG to ensure they're constantly exposed and acclimated to active conflict instead of being underused like Chinese SOF where most operators might not see any real engagements in their tenure
To be honest if we captured 10 kms of land ahead of LOC and created another 5 kms ahead of no mans land with constant arty shelling there is nothing Pakis could do..not even use nukes.

We could have bled them as they are bhikhari.

But either Modi has done some stupid deal with Rawalpindi or Modi has turned coward.

To be honest if we captured 10 kms of land ahead of LOC and created another 5 kms ahead of no mans land with constant arty shelling there is nothing Pakis could do..not even use nukes.

We could have bled them as they are bhikhari.

But either Modi has done some stupid deal with Rawalpindi or Modi has turned coward.
Historically, we've been a bunch of softies. Hindu kings never went on the offensive and ended up loosing land to the Islamic hordes of Central Asia & Gulf primarily due to their defensive approach and appeasement policies and the current establishment isn't any different.

We're ok with loosing tens of thousands of soldiers over a decade to keep the status quo intact but loosing a few hundred or couple of thousand men over a short span for strategic gains would create chaos in the masses and the possibility of their govt being toppled

Last edited:
Historically, we've been a bunch of softies. Hindu kings never went on the offensive and ended up loosing land to the Islamic hordes of Central Asia & Gulf primarily due to their defensive approach and appeasement policies and the current establishment isn't any different.

We're ok with loosing tens of thousands of soldiers over a decade to keep the status quo intact but loosing a few hundred or couple of thousand men over a short span for strategic gains would create chaos in the masses and the possibility of their govt being toppled
Indian kings never had the capabilities to go on the offensive

GoI/MoD isn't really bold enough to undertake an op on the lines of NATO countries where we enter deep into enemy territory to take down a HVT or rescue a critical asset. Our so called "surgical strikes" which GoI gloats about for instance are no different to the BAT raids but PA/SSG/ISI have been doing since decades. We don't have it in us to take the fight to them, use our SOF units to constantly engage and take down terrorist hubs and training camps along the LoC which'll instill fear

The only active encounters we have are in Kashmir and NE...and I feel it's ok to deploy Para SF in ops where we actually need to hunt em down in the deep jungles while terrorists holed up in a house or any urban building should be taken care of by RR & JKP SOG to ensure they're constantly exposed and acclimated to active conflict instead of being underused like Chinese SOF where most operators might not see any real engagements in their tenure. On a similar note, Turks constantly use their Army and Navy SOF on a regular basis to deal with the Kurds and other adversaries in the region
Very simplified understanding of the conflict. If by “we” you mean the potbellied uncles in delhi than sure, but the young officers and brigadiers have always done sneaky operations along the LoC.

We're ok with loosing tens of thousands of soldiers over a decade to keep the status quo intact but loosing a few hundred or couple of thousand men over a short span for strategic gains would create chaos in the masses and th
Also- India as a political entity did not exist back then. And even then numerous Indian kingdoms often went on the offensive if they had the numbers and the chance

watch that Turkic invasions series with Kushal Mehra and Abhijit Mitra
We make the same mistakes today....a good fighter is the one who leverages his strength over weaknesses in combat...for us, our stupid shit got us into being defeated. Just watch this, it's good, it's something I watched back in lockdown and that got me introduced to these two, I might not agree with everything they say but their anthropological approach...this deserves a book or documentary of it's own

Since this is an SF thread, I'll talk about history but still keeping it related to the topic

You know I too study alot of history and prefer to read as much primary sources as I can....Marcus Junianus Justinus, the Roman Historian who wrote on Selucus and the Selucid empire blammed "us" for the separation of Bactria from the Seleucid Empire. Bactria what is modern day western afghanistan and Tajikistan. Basically the Mauryans (Indians) created moles within the Selucids.

The Babylonian Astronomical Diaries record that an unnamed Bactrian satrap sent a herd of twenty war elephants to Babylon at the beginning of 273 BC to join the Seleucid forces fighting against Ptolemaic Egypt in the First Syrian War. He is belived to be Diodotus by many. How did he get those war elephants ? Who trained them on war elephants. The same way America sends weapons around the world...we still had our fighters some people call it mercenaries to foriegn armies like you might have heard Indians fighting in Thermophyle. That was because Taxila was a part of Persian empire that time, Chanakya being from Taxila might have seen it beneficial to have Indians playing thew worldly interest but not having our presence known...see ancient battles were about numbers, which is why you dont here much of what we might have done back then. On top of that our record keeping has always been shitty.

So we dont have any claims as such from any historical document saying we directly did all that...but all fingers point towards us....Chanakya knew how to play the game. And me watching that Colin Farrel series Penguine these days...and Chanakya with all his twisted ways and twisted face might have just fit perfectly as the Penguine in the ancient world. The treaty between Chandragupta and Seleucus focused on defining their borders, with the Mauryans gaining territory in the east, but this did not extend to Bactria. So they might have just wanted to still make sure you know...like we know they were good at this..they had Selucus's daughter, they had moles inside of him, they had nothing to loose and they were pretty stable

But modern day India has no fat fucking chance of pulling that shit over anybody

You know why ? Because we are idealists and pussies and lazy

I've watched the movie in theatres. The film Pretty much goes exactly how Praveen describes it. Father-son drama, mother-son love, love with future wife, that's half the movie. Then starts the propaganda part and i will call it propaganda because the writers are straight up lying here, so much so that I wanted to leave the theatres (only purpose is stayed is because the seats were comfy). I counted, the major himself kills 8 terrorists in Taj Hotel. Matlab kuch bhi. The nana patekar movie was much, much better than this

Kamikaze story is true. Esp if its about 71. We jad one veteran long time vouched about it as his father was selected for one way mission. He recounted on board. IIRC Long time I had read article somebody remembering incident and time as some old log books were browsed. Indira was daring. Do you know Indira had ordered para drop ops against Diego Garcia too. IIRC mission was recalled midway. No wonder she was high on list of US. US never forgets. Recent coup in BD was celebrated in US as undoing of 71.
I remember Hellfire talking on twitter about Indira, saying that keeping her politics aside, she probably had the biggest balls among all of the Indian PM's. He specifically mentioned something about Indira planning to take entire Sri Lanka as well as a very important island below it, which is now a strategic base of US

Its not only Sikhs who glorifies themselves of their martial race.Jats Rajputs all call themselves martial race .But kill ratios of them in battles from historical era doesn’t backs it up😂. I know many of you guys will be furious but its the fact.There is nothing like martial race,Gorkhas Sikhs Jats Rajputs all had their fare share of defeats.
Despite getting freedom in 1947 we are still believing in martial race theory and superiority of us over Chinese and believes china still uses Human wave tactics using peasants armed with SKS
Well Kasab was caught by an Police Constable who is not belongs to any famed martial race. It is just people stepping up and protecting the country.

Well Well Well. At max we are seeing stacked soldiers with guns on each other shoulders.

The entire Myanmar area near our Border is an hotpot of various unwanted factions. I believe there may be some US Operatives supporting their christ bros. If we are serious at present there should be some Special ops team working and eliminating targets who are nuisance to us.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back