Indo-China Border & LAC

"Two days after the Galwan border clashes in June 2020, Jaishankar had laid down the line that “peace and tranquillity on the borders is essential” for re-commencement of bilateral relations. This line became a “whole-of-government” approach that Home, Defence, Finance and others have followed so far.

However, despite concerted efforts, it has not become a “whole-of-society” approach -- the business communities stepped up importing large amounts of goods from China, and India’s big industrial houses wanted to import “disciplined” workers from China"

The author is understimating GOI , if it really wanted it could have forced trade to decrease year on year after 2020, but then unfortunately it seems surgical strike on apps was a feint to "turn the page" four years later.

If not for Raul Babas khatakhat schemes and appeasement politics along with tendency to speak ill on foreign soil , things jairam ramesh said would have kept the govt in a tight spot.

"Two days after the Galwan border clashes in June 2020, Jaishankar had laid down the line that “peace and tranquillity on the borders is essential” for re-commencement of bilateral relations. This line became a “whole-of-government” approach that Home, Defence, Finance and others have followed so far.

However, despite concerted efforts, it has not become a “whole-of-society” approach -- the business communities stepped up importing large amounts of goods from China, and India’s big industrial houses wanted to import “disciplined” workers from China"

The author is understimating GOI , if it really wanted it could have forced trade to decrease year on year after 2020, but then unfortunately it seems surgical strike on apps was a feint to "turn the page" four years later.
Instead of binaries why don't you view this as pragmatism in the face on increasingly volatile neighborhood especially the US's renewed needling & meddling in our neighborhood .

By sending signals to China that we're prepared to look into renewed TRADE ties without compromising our core position on the border, we're pre empting any more action by them on the LAC for the time being .

We need that time to see how things in BD evolve , to see if the Tatmadaw in Myanmar regain control over vast areas they've lost control over & more importantly get out act in Manipur together.

Instead of binaries
Very apt wording but it was not I that introduced the concept of border before boarder (as one author puts it) , iam more pragmatic than I seem, anyway what iam really interested is what was the gain by such binary approach and what will be the gain after this uturn and in my opinion Chinese needn't be sent any signal as trade was/is happening in a brisk pace even with border confrontation.

Very apt wording but it was not I that introduced the concept of border before boarder (as one author puts it) , iam more pragmatic than I seem, anyway what iam really interested is what was the gain by such binary approach and what will be the gain after this uturn and in my opinion Chinese needn't be sent any signal as trade was/is happening in a brisk pace even with border confrontation.
What was the situation in Manipur , BD & Myanmar in Apr - June 2020 ? Once you've answered that , compare it to what's it today . And these little games of Jaishankar relenting a bit on China just before Modi's visit to Washington or some high profile meeting or statement or gesture by us on the eve of Modi visiting Xi will continue till the balloon goes up which isn't too far off.

We need as much time as we can buy till then

"border before broader" , lol indian shakespeare .

indian govt started stand off under assumption that chinese would have difficulty pushing troops to tibet and keeping them there. chinese thought same thing , indians wont be able to deploy and keep troops at high altitudes .

atleast we havent waved the white flag yet . there was news of demchok disengagement comming . lets see how that will look

What was the situation in Manipur , BD & Myanmar in Apr - June 2020 ? Once you've answered that , compare it to what's it today . And these little games of Jaishankar relenting a bit on China just before Modi's visit to Washington or some high profile meeting or statement or gesture by us on the eve of Modi visiting Xi will continue till the balloon goes up which isn't too far off.

We need as much time as we can buy till then
.Manipur happened due to our pandering to Americans, by letting in so called refugees under American leli pressure
.I don't think GOI is a fan of Sheikh hasina ( not withstanding the temp asylum granted) tipping point may have been her threat if you don't China will invest in teesta etc
. regarding Myanmar it's a complex play of various actors including India which strives to maintain its strategic interest

And I don't believe none of this warrants shattering the semblance of protest that GOI was putting up with China while allowing trade to continue.

An interesting anecdote " the so called hot mic incident of Biden":)

There is a very interesting analysis of Chinese military capability and their failures which is directly responsible for no Chinese military venture by the Chinese in last 15 years. The analysis has been done by two Indian Army highly experienced retired general’s which according to them is that Chinese military capability and their operation is out of date. Hence if they pick up a military fight with either America in Taiwan straits or India in the Himalayas, they will loose big. With their false prestige at stake, the Chinese are intimidating but not picking up a fight. It is worth listening to the discussion.

View: https://youtu.be/n1i6CKMp3pQ

Just change the word China with India and word India by Pakistan. Now just imagine how laughable their analysis looks.

China is rather not picking fight because of their internal political faults than due to lacking military might.

China is on the verge surpassing America in Land/Air/Water warfare and here Generals with 5 Apache, Zero cruise missile, Zero Guided artillery, Zero 5Th generation fighter jets suspecting capability gapes in China millitary power.

How laughable it is...

These UN Generals need to update their Software.

.Manipur happened due to our pandering to Americans, by letting in so called refugees under American leli pressure
.I don't think GOI is a fan of Sheikh hasina ( not withstanding the temp asylum granted) tipping point may have been her threat if you don't China will invest in teesta etc
. regarding Myanmar it's a complex play of various actors including India which strives to maintain its strategic interest

And I don't believe none of this warrants shattering the semblance of protest that GOI was putting up with China while allowing trade to continue.

An interesting anecdote " the so called hot mic incident of Biden":)

Manipur happened is because we don't have adequate border security infrastructure in place . Not in Manipur , not in most of the NE if not all the NE .

Did you forget the Chin tribe aligned to the Mizos streaming into Mizoram since early 2021 once there was a coup in Myanmar in spite of repeated warnings by the GoI not to take in refugees ?

Not a fan of SHW because there was no alternative . Whatever we get is either the Younus type who's 10x worse or the Khalida Zia who'd be 20x worse or some Jamaat stooge who'd be 50x worse .

SHW also used this predicament of India's to her own advantage till she ran out of luck. Trust you understand the equation better now.

Regarding China , everyone including India seems to be testing the waters & to that list I'd also include China , which should explain the mic drop .

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back