LCA TEJAS MK-I & MK-IA: News and Discussion

Is there a problem with getting SAFRAN to finish Kaveri? The delay in F404 deliveries makes it clear that an alternative to F404 is needed quickly. Past performance makes it clear that sourcing an alternative to F404 from Indian resources will not produce an alternative to F404 quickly.

Yes, a delay in Mk1A due to F404 late delivery is now inevitable. Why not do the sensible thing and take credible steps to get Kaveri fixed?
rational thinking and paperwork with benefits doesnt go straight

You had better options?
Aside from France, Murica was the safest option.
Anyone with an iota of braincells would have seen it coming that The Great Pig is the most unreliable country when it comes to defence equipments, known for throwing even its own allies under the bus, let alone India.

India should have gone with France.

Last edited:
IAF clowns were the ones who previously denied the Kaveri variant with Snecma core for LCA.
There are multiple hints that how IAF had a say in the engine selection , yet some esteemed members think that IAF is clean from all sins.
Top to bottom taken over by filth in this country. Don't we have some naval professional and few oithers here shilling for some fancy western shit all the time. Bharat has become mostly brain dead country, just look at the pathetic traditions of Indian officers in the forces and pot belly mofo police force and their policians....does anyone infuse any level of inspiration? They only got at putting indigenous stickers which most likely are also imported from China,.

Kaveri will never work. This team wholesale has to be eliminated. Alternatives are French or Russian. Keep the British out of it. They are American lackey. Start all over again with new suppliers.

Worst case scenario …. Go to the Russians. If American do not like it, then it is them who created disruption.
No I disagree. We have a lot of progress. We need to get the Kaveri program off the ground. We use the French as a backup but at all times we keep supporting the Kaveri engine program. We cannot stop.

Anyone with an iota of braincells would have seen it coming that The Great Pig is the most unreliable country when it comes to defence equipments, known for throwing even its own allies under the bus, let alone India.

And France would have scalped India for all it’s worth.

then Russia Su-57 or 75 is a major choice as no change in American policy.
evaluate Russian Su-57 and also American fighter killer MIG-31.
Relying on a country at war and known to have serious issues mass producing 5th gen jets to provide your airforce their only 5th generation jet to counter potentially 100s of chinese (and maybe even pakistani after the j31 deal) 5th gen jets sounds like a good idea to me.

They cant even produce a squadron of su57s for themselves and people seriously say IAF should go for su57.

No I disagree. We have a lot of progress. We need to get the Kaveri program off the ground. We use the French as a backup but at all times we keep supporting the Kaveri engine program. We cannot stop.
If India is to complete development and testing of Kaveri, when will a Kaveri suitable for use in Mk1A come off a production line? I am sure that HAL would like to know the answer.

IAF chose F404 because it is the most reliable, easiest to maintain, and the most powerful engine in its category.
It has a history of wide usage in similar light combat aircrafts like south korea's fa50. Thus, a wide user base and easier availability for parts.

Good sir.
America=Murica

It is a slang term used to refer to America. The slang mean to encompass and highlights the arrogant and ignorant nature of America.
I live in Murica for the last 54 years……..teach me some more of this slang.

AS a defence newbie i just have a couple of silly questions about tejas
1-Whats the combat radius of tejas mk1a with and without extra fueltanks as i have seen differentt numbers in different platforms
2-I have heard that compared to Jf 17 tejas has a much outdated design, is it true? and if so will it effect in any possible future conflict?

1-Whats the combat radius of tejas mk1a with and without extra fueltanks as i have seen differentt numbers in different platforms
2-I have heard that compared to Jf 17 tejas has a much outdated design, is it true? and if so will it effect in any possible future conflict?
1- Cant say myself, it really varies.
2- No that statement is baseless, Infact it is quite the opposite.
JF-17 is primarily made from aluminum alloys with some titanium where Tejas uses many materials like titanium alloys, aluminum alloys and carbon fibre composite materials to reduce weight and improve structural strength.

1. Do not believe any ranges bullshit online. Saab mfs were selling snake oil data to others as marketing gimmick. Mostly it is in very ideal scenarios with minimal air maneuvers. Same with others. Ranges will suffer with speed, altitude, payload, drag due to external stores. With such dynamic factors in play, only mission planner would know properly of what its true combat capabilities.
2. There are two types of things here. One is Aerodynamics aka Structural Shape and other is Materials. When it comes to Structural, it doesn't actually matter much. But when it comes to Materials, its definitely shit. It uses metals and not carbon composites found in modern jets.

Can someone post entire article
Synopsis says hal will deliver 14 airframes in this FY despite supply chain issues

Can someone post entire article
Synopsis says hal will deliver 14 airframes in this FY despite supply chain issues
well it saying that hal will produce mk1a and test will the spare engine
and later swap with new engine which will take a week or 2 then supply to ifa to keep delivery schedule intact.

Last edited:
Not to mention even if we were to believe that Chinese are desiging 5th 6th gen, every Tom dick and harry knows they achieved the same by exactly manufacturing 1:1 copies of soviet western (often obselete) equipment for dog years. What they atleast achieved with this exercise is productionizing capability. Desiging something is achilees heel but productioning something after establishing supply chain infra is another beast at whole different level. Thats why DRDO projects often looked more of PhD and Post Doc exercise in the past.

Khana banana bhi banda kisi ko copy kar ke hi sikhta hai. There should atleast no shame in import substitution of components.
And Chinese are miles away, in quantity as well as in quantity..

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back