LCA TEJAS MK-I & MK-IA: News and Discussion

No I disagree. We have a lot of progress. We need to get the Kaveri program off the ground. We use the French as a backup but at all times we keep supporting the Kaveri engine program. We cannot stop.
I agree, no country has the same situation thus, what works for one country it might not for other.

But if India paid for 414 engines there must be some clauses that will protect India, plus the more they produce the more profits for GE, so i would say there is no need for cancelling kaveri but i doubt you need french or russian engines, greed always is what cooporations look for specially transnationals

Indigenisation is most important. We put money in space program and succeeded, but at the same time could not produce turbine blades, could not produce an Engine for aircraft.. Military... Civil...
Not nearly the same thing.
In IT coolie language.
It's like your above aversge folks who can write a functional program using a coding language. But ask the same guy to design a coding language than he won't be able to do so even if given enough time.

But it is possible if he invests a lot of time and resources in it.

Not nearly the same thing.
In IT coolie language.
It's like your above aversge folks who can write a functional program using a coding language. But ask the same guy to design a coding language than he won't be able to do so even if given enough time.

But it is possible if he invests a lot of time and resources in it.
Little nuance, we can expect one to get to that level with tot from other countries. But we suck in absorbing and building on it. To your analogy, given an open source spec, compiler and so on there is no reason not to build one based on that and even enhance. This is dedication and talent is 2nd level like Chinese and Koreans. We simply have no ambition as a country private or public and if you do it's not honest as we attempt to gain without pain

GE engine was chosen (by whom?) to power Tejas as early as 2004 when Kaveri failed the tests
But you forgot to mention a key party - GoI.
GoI is bang on responsible for never ever funding Kaveri dev , not providing for purchasing FTB etc...Is ADA or HAL to blame here too ? Also whats stopping IAF from announcing and putting pressure on GoI in public press conferences that GoI needs to up the funding for Kaveri, provide FTB etc...we never see that, but when it comes to foriegn stuff like Rafale, MMRCA , IAF top gernails are quite vocal in public aren't they? I hold all equally responsible, its a huge clusterfk.

Thus, a wide user base and easier availability for parts.
Provided you are a Nato ally aka vassal else they can withold any & all deliveries without rhyme or reason. Something all of them - GoI, ADA, HAL and IAF should have thought about

IAF clowns were the ones who previously denied the Kaveri variant with Snecma core for LCA.
There are multiple hints that how IAF had a say in the engine selection , yet some esteemed members think that IAF is clean from all sins.
Surely IAF can express an opinion on what engine it would like to see but IAF is not designing the aircraft. The engine chosen is down to the designer, isn't it? The designer's role is to design something that meets the performance requirements specified by the IAF. Specifying what bits should go in the aircraft to achieve that performance is not IAF's role.

Last edited:

View: https://x.com/alpha_defense/status/1823638887312285958

We have received confirmation that the Tejas Mk1A’s new Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) recertifications have been successfully completed. It is anticipated that the initial batch of these advanced aircraft will be delivered to the Indian Air Force by mid-next month, marking a significant milestone in our ongoing efforts to enhance our nation’s air defense capabilities.​

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back