LCA TEJAS MK-I & MK-IA: News and Discussion

I dont know how many times i have to say this, the global engine crisis is a direct consequence of chinese hogging the supply of Russian titanium SO as to starve everyone else.
Thus the reason why India and the US have been going so hard on critical minerals together. The leadership of the two countries know what the true challenges are.

I dont know how many times i have to say this, the global engine crisis is a direct consequence of chinese hogging the supply of Russian titanium SO as to starve everyone else.

Are you sure it's that and not GE bowing to Daddy State Dept's pressure?
Which other countries, especially (((US allies))) face such delays? iirc there is a korean stealth jet in development, that also uses some GE engine, do they get delays too?

Are you sure it's that and not GE bowing to Daddy State Dept's pressure?
Which other countries, especially (((US allies))) face such delays? iirc there is a korean stealth jet in development, that also uses some GE engine, do they get delays too?
Funny that you mention S.Korea.

They quickly figured out a local assembly contract when they selected the 414 - unlike us.

also ^^ GE's commercial LEAP series is also facing crunch and barely 5% delivery rate increase inspite of increased global demand.

^^ US Air Force is unable to replace its own old engines (GE J85)

^^ US Auditor flagging spurious chinese spares sabotaging Engine maintenance.

^ Global shortage of some critical minerals since last year.

Funny that you mention S.Korea.

They quickly figured out a local assembly contract when they selected the 414 - unlike us.

also ^^ GE's commercial LEAP series is also facing crunch and barely 5% delivery rate increase inspite of increased global demand.

You really think this would be granted to us even if it was part of contract conditions? :bplease:

So i am correct, delays are only for (((non-ally))) nations like us, even if there is a titanium shortage, military engine supplies are still being prioritized for (((allies))).

Meanwhile i'm getting some conflicting info about TFX Kaan of Turki, wiki says it is supposed to use some RR engines built in turkey as a JV but GE has also delivered some engines in 2022.

Most of the Euros and their 6th gen fighters are still in planning stage so you only have the Turkish and Korean jets

Trying to ascertain now whether being just an (((ally))) like Turkey is enough or do you have to be a good (((ally))) like S.Korea who doesn't do ungli like Turkey does.

smh they should have just stuck with those shitty rooskie engines, atleast Rooskie would supply us those without any T&C, now thanks to their invasion of Ukraine even that possibility is gone.

I hope atleast we have good anti-air systems

You really think this would be granted to us even if it was part of contract conditions? :bplease:

So i am correct, delays are only for (((non-ally))) nations like us, even if there is a titanium shortage, military engine supplies are still being prioritized for (((allies))).

Meanwhile i'm getting some conflicting info about TFX Kaan of Turki, wiki says it is supposed to use some RR engines built in turkey as a JV but GE has also delivered some engines in 2022.

Most of the Euros and their 6th gen fighters are still in planning stage so you only have the Turkish and Korean jets

Trying to ascertain now whether being just an (((ally))) like Turkey is enough or do you have to be a good (((ally))) like S.Korea who doesn't do ungli like Turkey does.

smh they should have just stuck with those shitty rooskie engines, atleast Rooskie would supply us those without any T&C, now thanks to their invasion of Ukraine even that possibility is gone.

I hope atleast we have good anti-air systems
AS far as I know. RR and Turkiye could not agree ToT so thoughts of co-operation were dropped. Turkiye is taking a step by step approach to developing an engine for KAAN: 6,000 lb thrust dry engine > 10,000 lb thrust afterburner version > 35,000 lb thrust afterburning engine. Lessons learnt from the smaller engines feed into the design of the KAAN engine. Allowance was made for the engine to fall short on design thrust but still be adequate for use in KAAN.

Turkiye has invested heavily into engine development and development equipment (wind tunnels, test chambers etc) so should be able to develop an engine for KAAN by itself. If GOI had been serious about getting Kaveri developed for use in Tejas, it would have done something similar.

If F404 supply problems delay Mk1A full rate production for a year that is doubtless a massive inconvenience to HAL and IAF but is there any reason why frames cannot be assembled and stored and engines be fitted when available?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back