Coding General Discussion

No memory managed program will ever break through the performance/memory/cache optimization barrier, hence Rust is not going to compete against the C/C++ ecosystem. Rust is good but it is not a complete system programming language like the C/C++.

As far as bloating is concerned, one can use C++ without STL, just use the basic language features and the system calls. Most of the C programs are valid C++ programs. Hence, one doesn't need to master every C++ feature. Unfortunately, it takes at least a decade to become an expert in C/C++ because it is very easy to write dangerous and buggy programs in those languages.

C/C++ are natural languages for the implementation of the POSIX standards. Which means that Rust will never be used for writing the OS kernels. In fact it is not easy to write the system calls in C++ due to the name mangling (an OOP feature :)) issue and that is where the good old C programming language shines.

Rust will not vanish though, it has got it's utilities like Java, Python, Scala and JavaScript to count a few.
"C/C++ are natural languages for the implementation of the POSIX standards. Which means that Rust will never be used for writing the OS kernels."

Are you sure?

Can we do a little project to segregate sound based on their location, profile etc. basically a handheld gunshot locator. Can hide friendlies from tangos. Mostly it should be signal processing side work.

1721409429514-png.3589

View attachment 3589

Can we do a little project to segregate sound based on their location, profile etc. basically a handheld gunshot locator. Can hide friendlies from tangos. Mostly it should be signal processing side work.
That type of stuff is made possible by microphone arrays. Though for real time processing and beamforming, something like a FGPA only stack would probably work way better for speed

1723299808282.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2JK0uJEbM

Any one in here has done OSCP Pen 200 certification in here ? Or any review of it ?

Also needs a career advice. So please help me out. I invested +10 yrs after graduating with B.Tech degree in computer science, in preparation for civil services. But wasn't able to crack the same. Now, want to get back to coding industry, with focus on cybersecurity.

How should I approach the same ? Would anyone be remotely interested in employing me ? Or what courses and certifications I need to pursue to make myself employable ?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Last edited:
Any one in here has done OSCP Pen 200 certification in here ? Or any review of it ?

Also needs a career advice. So please help me out. I invested +10 yrs after graduating with B.Tech degree in computer science, in preparation for civil services. But wasn't able to crack the same. Now, want to get back to coding industry, with focus on cybersecurity.

How should I approach the same ? Would anyone be remotely interested in employing me ? Or what courses and certifications I need to pursue to make myself employable ?

There are a lot of verticals in cybersecurity like for example, SOC analyst, CloudSecurity, DevSecOps, pen tester, reverse engineer, etc what exactly did you want to do?

Since you are a btech, my advise to you would be to focus on networking, OS fundamentals, C or C++ programming, Assembly (for reverse engineering), DSA and system design. Once you have mastered the fundamentals of the above mentioned topics you can build up on that and extrapolate on you knowledge when solving problems.

@rone would know . i think he works in cybersecurity

There are a lot of verticals in cybersecurity like for example, SOC analyst, CloudSecurity, DevSecOps, pen tester, reverse engineer, etc what exactly did you want to do?

Since you are a btech, my advise to you would be to focus on networking, OS fundamentals, C or C++ programming, Assembly (for reverse engineering), DSA and system design. Once you have mastered the fundamentals of the above mentioned topics you can build up on that and extrapolate on you knowledge when solving problems.
Thanks for answering. I am interested in pentest-reverse engineering field. And as you said, I am going through my old B.tech textbooks on Networks, O.S, DSA and C.

Still would you know if I would need to acquire any particular certifications because of my large gap ? I am lacking confidence on how to proceed further in the field.

@rone Would you mind sharing your thoughts on pursuing the cybersecurity field as complete beginner.

Thanks for answering. I am interested in pentest-reverse engineering field. And as you said, I am going through my old B.tech textbooks on Networks, O.S, DSA and C.

Still would you know if I would need to acquire any particular certifications because of my large gap ? I am lacking confidence on how to proceed further in the field.

For pen testing you can look at CEH or OSCP. There are no industry standard certifications for reverse engineering that come to mind, i'll look into this and ask around.

To get you started and depending on you financial situation, you can look at udemy or here are a couple of free courses to get you started.

Pen testing:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kq1MIfTWCE

reverse engineering:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv9ii3W5htQ&list=PLHJns8WZXCdvaD7-xR7e5FJNW_6H9w-wC

Try CTF to practice like for example: try hack me. (https://tryhackme.com/)

Also look at TSRs in C

For getting a entry level job a certificate like CompTIA Security+ would help, but at the end of the day it would depend on how well you do in your interview

For pen testing you can look at CEH or OSCP. There are no industry standard certifications for reverse engineering that come to mind, i'll look into this and ask around.

To get you started and depending on you financial situation, you can look at udemy or here are a couple of free courses to get you started.

Pen testing:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kq1MIfTWCE

reverse engineering:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv9ii3W5htQ&list=PLHJns8WZXCdvaD7-xR7e5FJNW_6H9w-wC

Try CTF to practice like for example: try hack me. (https://tryhackme.com/)

Also look at TSRs in C

For getting a entry level job a certificate like CompTIA Security+ would help, but at the end of the day it would depend on how well you do in your interview

Much appreciated. Thanks again.

Unless there is a significant value-addition to make it stand out from the usual crowd, this project will suffer the same fate as "KOO".

Few questions regarding the viability of this project:

Why would people pick this product over several other open-sourced community-supported options which work fairly well?

Who is going to maintain the product? How frequently will the product receive updates? Will the developers/promoters have any say in the finalization of the future web/browser standards? How many modern and legacy OSes will it support?

Reactions: SKC
The origin for this contest was microsoft/Google or some other bigwig not giving(or recognising) security certificate of NIC, babus became angry and result is the contest, if the end product is usable and stable, GOI can always force it on users by using CCI, data/national security or some other pretext but the question remains will gora sahib allow it, just look at his pressure tactics when rbi insisted on local storage/processing of financial data.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back